HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

Get ready for... pizza doughnuts?

Thought this was a joke at first, but I dunno.

It was tweeted from Pizza Hut Canada's Twitter account.

Ce0Y5zBXEAEVVc6.jpg

Oh wait, we are just two days away from April Fool's Day, so who knows. This does seem to be more of a joke than a real thing, but who knows - that Hot Dog pizza turned out to be real, after all.

Would you be inclined to eat any of these if they were real? xD

I don't even...when will they learn that combining two awesome things doesn't necessarily make an awesomer thing!? Anyway, I hope it's a joke, but if it's not, I definitely don't see myself trying these. Pizza Hut isn't my favorite place anyway (not my least favorite either though) and I don't think I'd trust them with anything that's not just, you know, regular ol' pizza. Or like, breadsticks and wings and stuff, I guess. Okay, I wouldn't trust them with WEIRD stuff that's not just regular pizza. There. :P

Ewww those look gross :vomit:  I really hope it's a joke. Cheerio doughnut :grimace:

Don't judge a book by its cover guys! They look delicious then again I can pretty much eat anything with a bottomless pit.

Also to help make things clear I'll try to explain based on the picture.

-Think of the bread/doughnut as being made from the pizza dough. It looks to be a pizza crust shaped donut or one of those calzone style shaped donut made from pizza dough. (If you think about it it's not that bad).

-The toppings for the doughnut is basically pizza toppings. The first donut does not have cheerios and it looks to be pieces of green olives or one of those green circle onion pieces. As for the white stuff I'm guessing some type of pizza sauce. It could be be garlic sauce (omg John got me into them so good).

-Other toppings include banana/green peppers, sliced pepperonis, chunk bits of bacon/sausage, and also the sprinkling things you see on there is most likely parmesian cheese of different flavors since there are many cheeses around the world or even chives too.

-You can tell the shredded cheese is used. The one on the first row 2nd donut looks like a Tostinos or general pizza roll thing from frozen pizza.

Overall I think it could be good if you let your tastebuds experience the fun and creative foods. It's fun to eat and try new things. It may not look exciting and looks gross, but hell I made food that doesn't look cool with some bad cooking, but turned out to be good lol.

Anyways I think these are cool if they really do the pizza ingredients. Just think of it like a Calzone shaped donut. If not then they're really trying to compete against other Pizza chains for dessert stuff.

Also I have not eaten Pizza Hut in years. Most of the pizza I eat are Digiornos, Little Ceasars cuz it's cheap, Dominoes (from the MLB free pizza thing), and Mountain Mikes (pretty good local pizza chain). Oh and Fatte Alberts which their pizza is huge size (think of it tire length).

Surprised this post isn't liked since it's well thought and descripted. Probably the only person who understands pizza love.

I have a stomach ache from looking at that.

• Like 2

I don't eat donuts to begin with, so yeah these look disgusting. You also got to be conscious of your health, these things would do you in.

I don't eat donuts to begin with, so yeah these look disgusting. You also got to be conscious of your health, these things would do you in.

These are the one bite death donut.

• Like 1

I think one of the things that really kind of makes it gross at first is the thought that doughnuts usually are super sugary (in addition to fried), so that probably conflicts with the reality that these ones are fried dough with pizza toppings on top (and inside?).

The real question is whether or not "fried" and pizza go together, but I'm sure it's bound to be super not healthy for you just as mr.me mentioned. xD

I think one of the things that really kind of makes it gross at first is the thought that doughnuts usually are super sugary (in addition to fried), so that probably conflicts with the reality that these ones are fried dough with pizza toppings on top (and inside?).

The real question is whether or not "fried" and pizza go together, but I'm sure it's bound to be super not healthy for you just as mr.me mentioned. xD

It just doesn't even look good to eat at all. The next variation pizza hut can do with this is stuffed cheese inside in the donut and the pan donut pizza.

Maybe the FDA stepped in and stopped them so to save face they said it was an April fools joke haha.

• Like 2