HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

Suicide Squad Trailer 3 - Thoughts?

The third trailer for Suicide Squad dropped last night.

What do y'all think of it?

Personally, I'm not that excited for it anymore. I used to believe it could go either way (like it could be good or bad); after BvS, it seems more likely that this may just be sort of an okay/mixed review movie, but ultimately disappointing for those that were expecting a lot out of it. That's just the impression I get.

Anyhow, it is cool that they're showing Batman in the trailers and such, but I doubt he's in it much beyond a flashback and maybe the end? We'll see.

But yeah, what does everyone else think? Are you looking forward to it?

I am actually really looking forward to the movie, but I could care less about the trailers now.  I felt like this trailer may be giving away all the jokes.  Kind of a pitch to say "Hey guys!!! We know that BvS was all dark and grim, this one is all jokes and funny!"  But I think the movie will be at the funniest what we saw in the trailer.  I hope I am proved wrong of course cuz I enjoy almost any movie ^^

Never the less I am looking forward to seeing this movie, what I see looks promising, but I don't expect to be blown away ^^

ps you beat me to posting the trailer! ^^

• Like 1

I thought his trailer was the best so far. It actually showed the movie would be funny or is attempting to be funny. Didn't know Batman was going to get longer sequences int he movie as well. Is that Ben Affleck in there as well?

I'm still wanting to watch it but like BvS, I don't have high expectation. At this point I will say I don't have high expectation for any DC movies. I will watch it because I want to see how they are doing it and I am a fan of superheroes movies despite the squad isn't exactly superheroes.

Honestly, I'm still not sure what to think of the movie. It's clear this trailer is trying to play up the humor aspect to say "see, it's not all doom and gloom like that other movie!" and that's fine, but it feels like there's just not much to go on here as far as reasons to get excited. There's not much action, or hints into the story or anything, so right now I'm still just feeling pretty "eh" about it overall. I'll certainly still watch it, I just don't have strong expectations one way or the other.

Also, Killer Croc still just looks...ugh. Like a big moldy raisin or something.

Also, Killer Croc still just looks...ugh. Like a big moldy raisin or something.

Really though, should he look anything else? I don't expect much from Killer Croc either.

All I want from Suicide Squad is some cool set ups for the DC cinematic universe. I know most of these villains will be expendable but I'm just hoping that the big names (Joker, Harley) put in motion some more important events for other movies. Even if the movie's bad, I expect the end result to be good.

• Like 1

I thought his trailer was the best so far. It actually showed the movie would be funny or is attempting to be funny. Didn't know Batman was going to get longer sequences int he movie as well. Is that Ben Affleck in there as well?

I'm still wanting to watch it but like BvS, I don't have high expectation. At this point I will say I don't have high expectation for any DC movies. I will watch it because I want to see how they are doing it and I am a fan of superheroes movies despite the squad isn't exactly superheroes.

If my understanding is correct, yes that is actually Ben Affleck as Batman ^^  I don't understand the timing of this movie though, my guess is that this movie is before BvS but I could be wrong ^^

If my understanding is correct, yes that is actually Ben Affleck as Batman ^^  I don't understand the timing of this movie though, my guess is that this movie is before BvS but I could be wrong ^^

I have no idea and like Tyler said, I assume some of them will play a role in other DC film and cross into the Justice League path. But they have to be the villian by then right? Or do they plan on some kind of SS teaming up with JL.