HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Jason Clement

Spider-Man: Homecoming is the name of the next Spider-Man film

Yeah, it's official - the next Spider-Man film is called Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Cf5YBAOWwAA3sLN.jpg

Obviously I'm not crazy about the title; it sounds too teen/soap-opera-ish to me, but I'm sure the actual movie will be fairly good. Apparently it's going to be about Peter Parker/Spider-Man searching for his identity? Although I thought it wasn't supposed to be an origin story either, I dunno.

Guess we'll find out when a trailer comes out in a year or two?

What do you think of the name? Any good, or is it a misfire?

Source: IGN

I just hope they have a scene where Uncle Ben explains responsibility to Peter, or maybe him dying after being shot. I feel like that's some really fresh, untread ground for a Spider-Man film.

• Like 2

Homecoming just equals origins. Maybe this is about him searching for his identity at the prom.

Hopefully it's less of a true origin story (seriously, who doesn't know it by now, even if you've never read a single comic book in your life) and more like the theme of Spider-Man 2 where Peter is starting to second guess the whole hero thing and wonders if he'd be happier with just a normal life. Really, anything that's not his FREAKIN' ORIGIN STORY should be good, though I suppose it also depends on the actor. I didn't like Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker so hopefully what's-his-name (I'm too lazy to look it up) will fit the role better.

Hopefully it's less of a true origin story (seriously, who doesn't know it by now, even if you've never read a single comic book in your life) and more like the theme of Spider-Man 2 where Peter is starting to second guess the whole hero thing and wonders if he'd be happier with just a normal life. Really, anything that's not his FREAKIN' ORIGIN STORY should be good, though I suppose it also depends on the actor. I didn't like Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker so hopefully what's-his-name (I'm too lazy to look it up) will fit the role better.

Wait, so the origin story is something about with great powers comes great responsibility right?

Not a fan of the title but still looking forward to the movie.  Probably my least excited movies from the MCU, but Marvel has yet to disappoint and I heard he is amazing in Civil War ^^

I'm secretly a huge Spider-Man fan since I have some posters, comics, and stuff and excited for the film. The title doesn't sound out of the park, but Homecoming has some pretty good meanings. I think they titled Homecoming because Spider-Man is getting a welcome home back to the MCU where he belongs so it's a homecoming for the franchise to return to Marvel. Spider-Man did mostly have his adventures during his high school days so it makes sense. The question is who's gonna be the villain, who's gonna be MJ or possibly Gwen Stacy?

So far I've read Michael Keaton rumored to play as the Vulture. That would be pretty awesome. Think of his role as Birdman in his previous movie, but with Vulture. Vulture was actually suppose to be in Raimi's Spider-Man 4 played by John Malkovich, but the movie didn't happen.

Cool thing is Spider-Man Homecoming comes out on my Birthday next year so that's an awesome treat for a Spider-Man fan. I don't think it will be an Origins story since we've seen that a lot. He's already introduced in Civil War so we'll get right off the bat in Homecoming. It could possibly be a mix like having a flashback of Uncle Ben instead of shooting that scene again.

Oh oh also apparently Avengers could make an appearance too. Well not all of them, but maybe one of them makes a cameo helping Peter with his powers and teaching him. RDJ said he'd be interested in being in the help and mentioned possibly being in the movie when he mentioned it on Jimmy Kimmel. It would be cool. I think in the comics Iron-Man helped him out as a teacher or something. I expect an announcement next week or something leading up to Civil War as Marvel news or something.

Anyways pretty excited and so happy Spider-Man is back in the hands of Marvel. This will be great and going to be part of Avengers: Infinity War I hope.

Critics have been saying Tom Holland has played Spider-Man quite well in Civil War so excited to hear and see that soon. Woo!

• Like 1

I'm secretly a huge Spider-Man fan since I have some posters, comics, and stuff and excited for the film.

Why you just coming out now? Nothing to hide about being spidey fan boy.

Why you just coming out now? Nothing to hide about being spidey fan boy.

Because nobody on twitter/gp ever listens to me so I just shrugged it off and stayed quiet lol.