HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

RDJ is joining cast of Spider-Man: Homecoming

http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/21/11481544/robert-downey-jr-spider-man-homecoming

Gotta admit, I didn't expect this at all. But now that I think of it, they really want this new Spider-Man to go big or go home, so what better way to sell it than to have Iron Man in it?

Actually, there's no guarantee that RDJ will wear the suit (though it seems likely; why waste the opportunity?). I imagine most of his appearance in the movie will be as a sort of mentor to Peter Parker as he helps him come to grips with being a superhero.

Anyhow, what do you guys think? Are you more interested in the movie now that RDJ is going to be in it?

I posted about this on that Spider-Man Homecoming thread last week, but nobody seem to care lol. Still great news! Iron-Man can be that mentor/teacher to Spidey as what it is to becoming a hero and the responsibilities. Next up Michael Keaton as Vulture should be official any time now.

I posted about this on that Spider-Man Homecoming thread last week, but nobody seem to care lol. Still great news! Iron-Man can be that mentor/teacher to Spidey as what it is to becoming a hero and the responsibilities. Next up Michael Keaton as Vulture should be official any time now.

I totally missed your prediction earlier; wow, that was a pretty good one, TK!

I remember that Tony was one of Peter Parker's mentors in the Ultimate Universe but never even thought about that for some reason until the casting news, lol.

So I guess this means Spidey is team IronMan? Or they met through the Civil War?

I totally missed your prediction earlier; wow, that was a pretty good one, TK!

I remember that Tony was one of Peter Parker's mentors in the Ultimate Universe but never even thought about that for some reason until the casting news, lol.

Yep it was the cartoons and ultimate universe that came into mind when RDJ signed on to the film. It'll be interesting and wonder if it's just a small part/cameo or a big role in the film.

So I guess this means Spidey is team IronMan? Or they met through the Civil War?

Spidey is already on Team IronMan when they were making the film and in comics. Even the trailer shows him on the team lol. Yeah I think they do meet through Civil War for the MCU. Looking forward to it! Just a few more weeks! :D

Spidey is already on Team IronMan when they were making the film and in comics. Even the trailer shows him on the team lol. Yeah I think they do meet through Civil War for the MCU. Looking forward to it! Just a few more weeks! :D

Oh okay, I saw the trailer but I saw him I believe took Cap shield. But I thought it was more or less to be like "Hey guys, I'm here, let's talk about this and not fight it out."