HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

New Storybundle: Boss Fight Books

If you're not acquainted with Storybundle, it's like Humble Bundle, except for digital books instead.

This month's Storybundle features books from Boss Fight Books; a really good recent brand where each author examines a different video game from the past in each book. Seriously, if you like reading, I definitely recommend checking these out.

Here are the books in the collection-

• Boss Fight Books: Chrono Trigger
  • Boss Fight Books: Jagged Alliance 2
  • Boss Fight Books: Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Boss Fight Books: Bible Adventures
  • Boss Fight Books: Baldur's Gate II
  • Boss Fight Books: Earthbound
  • Boss Fight Books: ZZT
  • Boss Fight Books: Galaga
  • Boss Fight Books: Metal Gear Solid
  • Boss Fight Books: Shadow of the Colossus
  • Continue? The Boss Fight Books Anthology

You can grab them at the link here: https://storybundle.com/games

I don't read books related to video games at all (official or analytical), but I'd probably be curious about digging into in-depth stuff about Baldur's Gate II, Earthbound, and Shadow of the Colossus.

I thought I'd be interested in the MGS thing too but then I saw the authors. And.... I... have my doubts for it (but maybe it's unfair because of how I look author(s)'s... other works.)

Interesting concept tho. And being Kindle friendly does make this way more tempting (though, I'm not sure if I care to go above the average since I'm not really familiar with many of these writers.).

Honestly, I'd probably just go with the $5 tier unless there's one of the books in the second category you *must* have.

I'll probably pick up the $5 bundle myself... I like what Boss Fight Books does, but I find their prices pretty expensive (especially for physical copies).  I picked up the Chrono Trigger one in another book bundle and it was pretty good.