HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
TKtheknight

Power Rangers Movie - First Official Look at the Power Rangers Suit

6 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the look of the suit?

• Yes
    • No

After seeing Repulsa's look in Jason's thread now we take a look at the suits that are worn in the film! What do you guys think? I think it's pretty cool and makes the film a bit have a gritty look. Reminds me of those anime mecha pilot armor and such.

Also heard a theory that Repulsa might be a former ranger gone bad.

YvVX4BY.jpg

• Like 1

I saw this and it said everyone hated the new look. I think they look pretty cool and give them a more modern feel. This movie is getting more and more interesting and I'm excited to see how it goes.

• Like 1

You beat me to posting it, TK (nice job)! xD

Anyhow, I actually do like the look of the new costumes. Someone on Twitter described it as Guyver meets Mass Effect, lol.

And yeah, Rita as the Green Ranger does make a lot of sense, especially if she uses the Dragonzord; the old origin of her being a space witch just doesn't fly today, so I like the new theory more. I have to imagine they'll maybe work toward her redemption over the course of a few films. Maybe they defeat her in the first one, she becomes an anti-hero in the second film, and in the third film they welcome her onto the team?

Looks good. It still resembles the old suits, but looks more realistic.

Eh.. I guess I am the only one not happy about it ^^

I never thought the old ones were that bad.

I might be biased though because I live in Japan and my son watches the newest Power Ranger (Super Sentai series) on TV.  So I am used to seeing corny suits even in 2016.  This new one looks... I dunno too US game moderny, if that makes any sense ^^

Once again, there better be some silliness or campiness to this movie ^^

It's cool that the helmets look pretty close to the originals, but I don't really feel too strongly one way or the other about the rest of the suits. It's kinda weird that (unless they're both standing on their toes for some reason) the female's suits have high heels...like, what purpose does that even serve besides saying "they're girls?" Anyway, the suits, like the movie itself probably, were just designed to be shiny and cool and sell toys to kids, so it's hard to really be put off by them, just hard to like them at the same time.

• Like 1

They look kind of alien like to me. So I'm not a fan of the suit. I do agree it makes them more modern and very mecha like. Which is good since they do control mecha in a sense. But still very alien like to me.

It's cool that the helmets look pretty close to the originals, but I don't really feel too strongly one way or the other about the rest of the suits. It's kinda weird that (unless they're both standing on their toes for some reason) the female's suits have high heels...like, what purpose does that even serve besides saying "they're girls?"

Technically I guess they'd be considered "wedges" (from the look of them) but yeah, point still stands. xD

Unfortunate that the actresses playing the Yellow and Pink Ranger probably didn't have a say in that design choice and it was probably either the producer or costume designer themselves. :unsure:

They look kind of alien like to me. So I'm not a fan of the suit. I do agree it makes them more modern and very mecha like. Which is good since they do control mecha in a sense. But still very alien like to me.

It is alien that's why. It's a crystal thingy that forms around them into the suit. :)

. It's kinda weird that (unless they're both standing on their toes for some reason) the female's suits have high heels...like, what purpose does that even serve besides saying "they're girls?"

Ugh... I didn't notice that. It is so stupid when they do that.

I agree the helmets look close to the original and they look good.

I am starting to fear the story now though.  They might try to make a dark and gritty "realistic" story for this... which once again I don't know if it is necessary.

Sorry guys for all the negativity ^^  I enjoyed the Power Rangers series growing up.  And I confess that I still enjoy it sometimes watching the new ones with my son on TV ^^

It is alien that's why. It's a crystal thingy that forms around them into the suit. :)

I don't remember any of that from the origins. Granted it has been a long long long time ago since I watched PR.

Buckle in, we could be seeing a LOT of these suits if Lionsgate does decide to go ahead with possibly up to seven Power Rangers movies. Of course, it'll probably depend on the success of the first movie, but...well, exhibits A-Z is that the Transformers franchise is still going. It feels like every new superhero movie (yeah, they're basically superheroes) is already made with the plan to make a ton more before they're even finished with the first one. Like, seriously, slow down and see if people like the movie first, maybe?

Buckle in, we could be seeing a LOT of these suits if Lionsgate does decide to go ahead with possibly up to seven Power Rangers movies. Of course, it'll probably depend on the success of the first movie, but...well, exhibits A-Z is that the Transformers franchise is still going. It feels like every new superhero movie (yeah, they're basically superheroes) is already made with the plan to make a ton more before they're even finished with the first one. Like, seriously, slow down and see if people like the movie first, maybe?

I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually try to cross over with something like Voltron either. xD

I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually try to cross over with something like Voltron either. xD

Or VR Troopers, Beetleborgs, etc. The suits reminded me of the classic shows like that. xD

Anyways Venom, I think it should be 5 instead of 7. Each Ranger (5 of em) gets their main star power in a film, but yeah they shouldn't already make more films and wait til the first film succeeds or not just like when FOX said F4-2 is gonna be made then it got canceled cuz the first sucks.

Or VR Troopers, Beetleborgs, etc. The suits reminded me of the classic shows like that. xD

Anyways Venom, I think it should be 5 instead of 7. Each Ranger (5 of em) gets their main star power in a film, but yeah they shouldn't already make more films and wait til the first film succeeds or not just like when FOX said F4-2 is gonna be made then it got canceled cuz the first sucks.

Man, I thought I was the only person who remembered Beetleborgs, lol. I remember VR Troopers too, but I don't think that lasted too long if I recall correctly (then again, neither did Big Bad Beetleborgs; speaking of which, the "Big Bad" part of the name always gets me, haha. It's a really lame attempt to ape "Mighty Morphin," which itself was silly).