HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
TKtheknight

Yooka-Laylee E3 2016 Trailer

The key creative team behind Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong Country brings in an all-new open-world platformer! 

Pretty awesome preview for a release next year and brings in some nostalgic memories. I'm pretty excited especially having a new duo together.

Also Jason I wasn't sure if you're doing an article on this, but if you are then you can merge this with your article.

• Like 1

Man, this game is going to be so much fun. ^_^ I've missed the N64 style platformers, especially since it's hard to buy most of them cheap (and I don't have an Xbox One to just get Rare Replay...yet) so seeing the style come back on modern platforms is exciting. Having to wait until next year to play it is less exciting, but I guess there's other stuff coming out this year to keep me occupied until then.

Also, I like the crack at Nuts & Bolts' expense at the end. xD

• Like 1

Man, this game is going to be so much fun. ^_^ I've missed the N64 style platformers, especially since it's hard to buy most of them cheap (and I don't have an Xbox One to just get Rare Replay...yet) so seeing the style come back on modern platforms is exciting. Having to wait until next year to play it is less exciting, but I guess there's other stuff coming out this year to keep me occupied until then.

Also, I like the crack at Nuts & Bolts' expense at the end. xD

Yep! First thought was the N64 days and style. Also you got No Man's Sky to keep you occupied. xD

Also besides that crack at the end, they made fun of brown levels too! Good stuff and poking fun gaming.

Dang it TK I was going to post this! It looks amazing and I can't wait to play this game. I paid $500 for this game on Kickstarter and it's worth every penny. Also check out the website for more info and screenshots. Click me!

Also Jason I wasn't sure if you're doing an article on this, but if you are then you can merge this with your article.

Probably won't write this one up, though I probably will do FFXII and maybe Agents of Mayhem. xD

Anyhow, this game is looking fantastic. It's surprising how close it hews to Banjo-Kazooie, though; like, it's basically that in all but name and character. Not even Mighty No. 9 comes that close to its original source material (not that I'm complaining!).

2017 definitely can't come soon enough. Also, I like how this game is actually coming out somewhat near when they estimated it would come out (not years later like some other Kickstarter games). ;)

Dang it TK I was going to post this! It looks amazing and I can't wait to play this game. I paid $500 for this game on Kickstarter and it's worth every penny. Also check out the website for more info and screenshots. Click me!

Woah! I had no idea this was a Kickstarter project. Damn Rex $500?! What Tier rewards did you end up getting? Looks to be a fun game

Probably won't write this one up, though I probably will do FFXII and maybe Agents of Mayhem. xD

Anyhow, this game is looking fantastic. It's surprising how close it hews to Banjo-Kazooie, though; like, it's basically that in all but name and character. Not even Mighty No. 9 comes that close to its original source material (not that I'm complaining!).

2017 definitely can't come soon enough. Also, I like how this game is actually coming out somewhat near when they estimated it would come out (not years later like some other Kickstarter games). ;)

Yeah first thought was BK when watching the trailer. Game is as close you can get for nostalgic memories of old RARE games. DIdn't realize this was a Kickstarter game. Now I'm thinking what if their next project is a Conker-like game lol.

Woah! I had no idea this was a Kickstarter project. Damn Rex $500?! What Tier rewards did you end up getting? Looks to be a fun game

I got the super awesome retro tier reward. I get the game in a Yooka-Laylee N64 box with a Yooka-Laylee N64 game shaped usb drive with thew game on it all signed by the team. Here is the kickstarter page > Click

Never played Banjo, but this game looks like it'll be fun. Definitely a game I can see myself really enjoying. Some old school stuff here.

Wow sorry to be the jaded old guy, but I don't know why I never really got into platformers.

I played Mario was I was young like Mario 1 and Super Mario Land? was it for the SNES?  But I haven't played any of the 3D ones.

The closest thing to a 3D platformer might be... Ninja Gaiden?  Soul Reaver?  Do any of those count? ^^

Looks great! I like the humor, I hope they main game has humor too. Always good to have a new platformer since they are few and far between these days, last one I remember was the excellent Puppeteer.

Wow sorry to be the jaded old guy, but I don't know why I never really got into platformers.

I played Mario was I was young like Mario 1 and Super Mario Land? was it for the SNES?  But I haven't played any of the 3D ones.

The closest thing to a 3D platformer might be... Ninja Gaiden?  Soul Reaver?  Do any of those count? ^^

No, I wouldn''t consider those platformers and I have to say you have missed out on some excellent games if you haven't played a platformer since Super Mario Land. Like way too many to name but Super Mario Galaxy, Sly Cooper and Ratchet and Clank come to mind.

We have a new Yooka Laylee trailer :)

I got to play the cool demo with a small world to explore and find 100 feathers. It was tons of fun and feels really good just like BK.

• Like 1