HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Venom

Steam summer sale supposedly starts next week - excited?

So with E3 starting to wind down to a close, it's time to look forward to the next big summer gaming event. I'm speaking, of course, about Steam's annual summer sale! According to various leaks (including Paypal, of all places) all signs point to the sale starting next Thursday, the 23rd of June. There is also some speculation that the summer sale could include daily (and possibly flash) deals, due to the fact that the new format of not having daily/flash deals was said to apply specifically to the autumn and winter sales, but not the summer sale. Of course, it seems more likely the summer sale will follow the same pattern and do away with dailies/flash sales, but we'll have to wait and see. So, knowing that it's coming soon, are you looking forward to the Steam sale? Any games you're really hoping for a good discount on? Or do you not really care because you aren't a big PC gamer, or don't want to spend a lot of money right now, or for some other reason?

For me, personally, I think the big thing I'm hoping for is at least 50% off of Final Fantasy IX, which I'm interested in playing after finishing FFX. I could just play one of the few other FF games I have instead, but it makes more sense to spend money on a new one, I guess. :P I'm also hoping Ori and the Blind Forest gets a good discount, but it seems unlikely since they're probably going to treat the definitive edition like it's a new release. :\ How about the rest of you?

Can't say I'm too excited since I've rarely used Steam as of late, so I can't imagine there is too much I will buy other than a possible discount on Final Fantasy IX.

Unfortunately, I can't spend too much either right now, so we'll see what happens. If there's a number of games I really want on sale for cheap ($3-4), I might spring for a few of them.

I'll buy all the HOG's!!! I really should stop buying games I never play them :(

Not really looking for anything. If my friends get something for co-op I'll consider it.

I'm semi excited and just like Jason said. I haven't been on Steam very much since I'm usually on there like a few times a year these days unless there's a free weekend we can all have gaming nights like Rocket League a while back.

I could probably get a couple of under dollar games I don't have. I guess it's a good thing I'm broke and unemployed to get any more games lol.

Excited?  Not really, but I'm glad I'll probably be able to get a discount on FFV, and probably pick up a few other games on my wishlist.  If it has flash/daily deals again I'll be a little annoyed... those are a pain i nthe ass to keep up on, tbqh.  I just wanna see what's on sale, buy what I want day 1 or 2, and be done with it lol.

What are HOG's?

I've been keeping up with the sale and nothing too good so far.  Kinda miss the timed sales.  Everything seems just OK as a sale right now.  The one game I am considering is Undertale for 30% off, (was hoping for something like %50 though) since so many people including our fellow podunkers here really enjoyed it ^^

What are HOG's?

Hidden object games. There's about 8 million of them on Steam, and none of them are really any different from each other. :P

Kinda-sorta joking aside, I think I'm done with the summer sale. From Steam I got the Rocket League Back to the Future car, a pack of the Genesis classics, the Disney Mega Pack, and FreezeME. I also got Raiden IV: Overkill and River City Super Sports Challenge from Indiegala. They're the same price on Steam, but IG is doing a sale that gives you scratch cards for free games. It's likely all bundle fodder, but the two games I got were some I didn't already have, so...free trading cards. xD

I am a little surprised and proud that I made it through this sale without buying anything ^^

Next year~

I am a little surprised and proud that I made it through this sale without buying anything ^^

Next year~

Same! Although I haven't been much into Steam gaming lately, so that kinda helped, haha.

I didn't buy anything either :D

I survived the spending spree! Then again I haven't logged on steam in a month or two. The same deals usually ends up coming back as a weekly price or random price drop here and there. Plus ever since I got my PS4, I've been mostly just focusing on PS4 deals lol.