HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

E3 2016 - Biggest disappointment(s)?

So now that E3 2016 is officially over, we all have our things that we're excited about as well as things we're disappointed by.

Personally, I'm most disappointed by the fact that Ubisoft's Steep was a complete wreck. Apparently the demo they showed off was super buggy and not fun at all, which is a shame because the on-stage demo at Ubisoft's conference looked really promising. That, and I've been waiting for another game like SSX, and this seems to be the closest we'll get to it in the meantime.

Anyhow, I really hope Ubisoft can pull that one together before release, but with a launch date of December (I think that was it?), I'm not holding my breath.

What was your biggest disappointment of the show?

EDIT: Please don't say Nintendo unless you were most disappointed by Zelda; we knew they wouldn't be showing anything substantial and that they would be focusing solely on Zelda before E3 began.

The fact that I have to wait until 2017 to play most of these games. xD

Really, there wasn't a whole lot I saw that just straight up let me down. Probably the biggest thing was Paper Mario: Color Splash, which I was excited to finally see some gameplay from. Seeing that it basically does the same thing as Sticker Star (gives you a finite number of attacks that you pick up from the environment, and on top of that the paint mechanic seems even more limiting) killed any interest I had in it right there. Don't get me wrong, it's all well and good that they're experimenting with new ideas and I'm happy people can get excited about that, I just personally stopped caring about it because I don't think I'd enjoy it. Other than that, one minor disappointment was that they didn't show anything from the Crash Bandicoot remasters/remakes/re-whatevers. Just a quick mention that they were happening and then moved on, which leads me to believe we may not see them for quite some time. I'm still super excited that they're happening though.

Project Scorpio to me is kind of a disappointment. Telling the fans about this and the slim doesn't make sense even if I can see why they are trying to do it. It may work and it may not. We don't really know yet. But as powerful as this machine can be, I am not surprise. I mean, that is technology for you. Of course this console will be a beast. But so will their next console after Scorpio. But it still won't be a PC in the end.

Microsoft in general ^^ No surprises and nothing that got me really excited to be an owner of an original xbox one ^^

Microsoft in general ^^ No surprises and nothing that got me really excited to be an owner of an original xbox one ^^

It's unfortunate because I'm really wondering if they'll have any other big, first-party games besides Scalebound, Recore, and State of Decay 2 (and beside the usual like Forza and Halo) before Scorpio comes out.

If Scorpio does turn out to be the console that ends XB1 early; it really seems like XB1 will have the smallest lineup of first-party titles of any of Microsoft's consoles so far. :(

Aw Jason I was gonna say Nintendo lol. Not much disappointment to be honest. I like the XB1's list of games coming out this year especially Gears of War 4. Sony is just setting up for 2017 w/VR and awesome games. Let the year finish with XB1, Sony rules 2017 and Nintendo possibly into 2018 with NX.

Aw Jason I was gonna say Nintendo lol. Not much disappointment to be honest. I like the XB1's list of games coming out this year especially Gears of War 4. Sony is just setting up for 2017 w/VR and awesome games. Let the year finish with XB1, Sony rules 2017 and Nintendo possibly into 2018 with NX.

I don't see Nintendo ruling anything with the NX. It'll still sale because they can always through at you their usual cookie cutter list of games. But in the end, people will turn to Scorpio or a new PS.