HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Shin GenX

Games with Gold July 2016

Not the highest profile games.  But Banner Saga 2 looks really solid.  I heard the first one was great.  I don't think I will go out and buy the first one though (even though it is 5 dollars on the steam sale right now).  I did hear that things will transfer from the first game if you have it on the same console.

What do you guys think?  Great? Meh?

Kind of a meh month, that said Tron game is supposed to be pretty fun actually.

That's... actually not a bad lineup. Not amazing, but I haven't played any of those games, so I'm down, lol.

Banner Saga 2 is obviously the biggest game there -- I don't think it's even been out for two months yet (has it?). Although I never did play the first one, so... dunno if it's required playing to understand this one.

And like Lep said, I'm interested in checking out Tron: Evolution since I never got around to it the first time.

That's... actually not a bad lineup. Not amazing, but I haven't played any of those games, so I'm down, lol.

Banner Saga 2 is obviously the biggest game there -- I don't think it's even been out for two months yet (has it?). Although I never did play the first one, so... dunno if it's required playing to understand this one.

And like Lep said, I'm interested in checking out Tron: Evolution since I never got around to it the first time.

I did a bit of reading on Banner 2 and it sounds like you can enjoy much more if you have played the first one but they also do a decent job of recapping the events of the first game.

Still I heard they are pretty much linked together.  Think Mass Effect 1 and 2.

I did a bit of reading on Banner 2 and it sounds like you can enjoy much more if you have played the first one but they also do a decent job of recapping the events of the first game.

Still I heard they are pretty much linked together.  Think Mass Effect 1 and 2.

Maybe done on purpose?  Attempt to spur sales of the first by releasing the second?

I wish it was Banner Saga 1.

Maybe done on purpose?  Attempt to spur sales of the first by releasing the second?

The weird thing is you'd think that it'd make more sense to put Banner Saga 1 on Games for Gold; that way, people that like it would spend full price for the sequel. Whereas putting Banner Saga 2 on GFG means people will be paying a lot less for Banner Saga 1 since it's gone down in price now.

• Like 1