HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
iwx Leprechaun

PSN Mid-Year Sale Week 2 (updated)

Yeah, nothing super amazing but I'm extremely tempted to buy Grow Home for $2.79 on PS4, even though I own it on Steam already.

And if no one has played them yet, the following are some great games at great prices:

Shantae: Risky's Revenge Director's Cut - $2.99

Stories: The Path of Destinies - $7.49

I'm also considering Super Stardust Ultra for $6.49, but I dunno if I'll get to it anytime soon.

Last but not least, Tharsis is a pretty interesting game, but I'm hesitant to recommend it at $10 (maybe wait for PS+, or lower).

There's some pretty great deals going on here, at least if you have PS Plus (which I finally do :D) so I know I'm gonna end up getting a couple of things at least. Definitely Mega Man Legends and Megatagmension Blanc + Neptune Vs. Zombies. I'd rather have a boxed copy of MegaTag, but I'll never find one for $16 so digital it is for once. I may try some other games like J-Stars Victory Vs+ or A Space Shooter For Two Bucks Thirty-Nine Cents, but I haven't decided yet.

Some pretty good deals on there. I bought J Stars Victory last week physically lol. Well Venom if you do get it then I finally have a sparring partner!

When I saw Grow Home I thought of Jason right away and knew he'd mentioned it here lol. Never played most of those games from the sale so probably gonna read some recommendations from you guys.

Also Telltale Collection seems like a good deal ($21.99 for 5 games comes out to at least $4.49 per game not bad if you want to go digital and save on physical copies). 

Week 2 of the sale has started:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/mid-year-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-MIDYEARSLELP

TBH this week isn't as good as last week, but there's still a few things I may get. I'm leaning toward Poncho and Tearaway Unfolded. Maaaaybe Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India, even though I bought Russia when it came out and still need to play it. I also need to play the Amplitude demo to see if it's something I might want. Toren is another I've been curious about for a while, and my sudden interest in multiplayer games has me wondering about Toy Soldiers: War Chest...but I know I won't buy most of these. xD

Here are my recommendations for Week 2 of the sale-

NOTE: Prices indicated below are based on having a PS+ sub; just a word of warning, yo.

Amplitude - $8

Pretty good price for a good rhythm game from Harmonix.

Armello - $8

Haven't played, but I've heard great things about this digital tabletop strategy game, and $8 is the lowest I've seen for it yet (original price is $20.

Bit.Trip Presents... Runner 2 - $3

One of those games that mostly everyone has (it's been a PS+ free game), but if you don't have it, it's a great game to own at $3. It's cross-buy too.

Chariot - $3.74 (or bundle for $3.99)

Really cool puzzle platformer where you must haul your chariot through each level and overcome obstacles along the way.

Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition - $3

If you somehow don't own this, $3 is an amazing price for it.

Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones - $0.99

Amazing price. If you don't own this = instabuy at this price.

TBH this week isn't as good as last week, but there's still a few things I may get. I'm leaning toward Poncho and Tearaway Unfolded.

Have not finished Poncho, but I actually previewed it before; it's a pretty cool puzzle platformer with an intriguing story concept (like Fez). If that sounds like something you're into at the moment, I definitely recommend checking it out.