HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

Have you made the jump into Pokemon GO yet?

So Pokemon GO finally launched this last week on mobile phones, and it's been tracking pretty big on Twitter and other social media so far.

I haven't downloaded it just yet since I've been out of space on my phone for the longest time, but I'll probably try to make room for it some time this weekend. So far, I'm hearing that it's pretty cool, but not necessarily as deep as the core games on 3DS and the like. I guess the major appeal is in finding the Pokemon in real world areas as opposed to the fighting and such.

What about you? Have you made the dive into Pokemon GO yet? If so, share some of your stories that you've experienced playing so far!

I was part of the beta testing before release and it's pretty fun and persuades you to get out of the house and exercise in a way lol. I haven't been catching much since I've been busy just staying at home playing PS4, but here and there would be some Pokemons to catch. It's very addicting and today a Golbat escaped my pokeball during traffic lol.

My starter Pokemon is Charmander since he's the first to appear. I've got Abra, Sandshrew, Growlithe, and some others. Also if you have spare Pokemon duplicates you can transfer them to make candy since you need those to evolve your Pokemon. Make sure to keep the highest CP ones out of the duplicates.

I haven't downloaded it and don't really have any reason to. I don't have service on my smartphone and just use it for games and stuff, so I don't have any reason to take it with me anywhere. And I don't really go anywhere besides work anyway, and don't live in an area where I can walk places, so basically I'll never really have a chance to do anything with it anyway.

Oh, I have.

I am only like, level 10... but I am sporting a Snorlax and Scyther. I came across an Alakazam, but couldn't get to him because he was in a restricted area (middle of a football field that is not open to the public)

I also dump a CP100 Psyduck at claimed gyms. Just because Psyduck is hilarious.

I don't plan on playing this. Maybe I eventually will. But I just don't care enough about it. I don't want to play Go while driving and die or something.

I don't plan on playing this. Maybe I eventually will. But I just don't care enough about it. I don't want to play Go while driving and die or something.

Just become the passenger since playing it while driving is a definite no and cause of distraction. I caught some Pokemon while being a passenger passing through checkpoints/stops. I only use Pokemon GO if I needed to go somewhere important since kinda lazy to go out. Wal-Mart has a ton of Pokemon. During beta I caught 15 while shopping with family. It was awesome! Too bad the beta stuff didn't transfer to the real. I'm sad so I got lazy for the launch stuff. 

While I don't think this will happen to majority of people

http://fox2now.com/2016/07/10/st-louis-area-robbers-targeting-pokemon-go-players/

But I think that eventually some bad accident can and will happen because people are so into the game and they don't even look up while trying to catch the pokemons.

While I don't think this will happen to majority of people

http://fox2now.com/2016/07/10/st-louis-area-robbers-targeting-pokemon-go-players/

But I think that eventually some bad accident can and will happen because people are so into the game and they don't even look up while trying to catch the pokemons.

Yeah, kinda scary to hear. I would definitely caution everyone not to go into isolated areas by yourself (especially alleys and the like if you're in a city). Stay where the people are or in view of others.

I am tempted to play but I feel like I won't have too much fun.

You just walk outside in hopes of seeing a pokemon and then you throw out your pokeball and you catch them right? The pokemon will be at random? And you can even catch evolved pokemon? And then you can level them up by battling random strangers? And I see there is a gym that you can be gym leader if you level up?

I feel if the game is just about going around and catching pokemon then I will get bored quickly since I'm mainly working the entire day, so I can't really go outside as often. But battling would be cool but I'm not really gonna go up to random strangers and challenge them.

I am tempted to play but I feel like I won't have too much fun.

You just walk outside in hopes of seeing a pokemon and then you throw out your pokeball and you catch them right? The pokemon will be at random? And you can even catch evolved pokemon? And then you can level them up by battling random strangers? And I see there is a gym that you can be gym leader if you level up?

I feel if the game is just about going around and catching pokemon then I will get bored quickly since I'm mainly working the entire day, so I can't really go outside as often. But battling would be cool but I'm not really gonna go up to random strangers and challenge them.

A big part of it is becoming a community thing, you'll come across other players playing which leads to conversations and stuff.  It's really crazy how the game has exploded.  My friend was at one of the pokestops last night and there were thirty other people just hanging out and using lures to bring pokemon to the area.  My fiancee and I tend to load the dogs up into the car, rive to a new area and just go for a nice long walk with them.  Dogs are happy and we love it too.

13624459_864405220330842_1168593640_n.pn

Harley Used Growl!   ...it's not very effective

• Like 1

I read up more on the game since my friend told me to try and play it. I made an account and caught some pokemon today. I don't know. Not sure how much I'll get into this. I'm off today but I'm certainly not going out to catch pokemon or go to pokestop unless I already had plans to be outside.

My only question right now is, what is the best way to power up and evolve them? Is there a min max? I feel like you want to power them up as much as you can and then evolve. But where do you draw the line as to when to actually evolve to get the best out of your pokemon? Oh and is there a max CP you can catch a pokemon with in the wild? Since it would be best to power up a pokemon with the highest CP possible and not the lower CP ones.