HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

For those who weren't watching the Sonic 25th Anniversary party last night and somehow didn't catch the news elsewhere, we're getting a new 2D Sonic game in the form of Sonic Mania, and...IT LOOKS FANTASTIC!!

From what they talked about, it basically has remixed/reimagined levels from the original Genesis trilogy along with brand new levels. More importantly, it actually looks like a Genesis Sonic game, and I don't mean the graphics. The brief looks at the stage design and physics all point to this being the real Sonic the Hedgehog 4, because it looks like it will play and feel like a classic 2D Sonic game and not a cheap imitation. I'm super excited to play the game when it comes out in Spring 2017, but what about the rest of you? Looking forward to what could be the best Sonic game in years? Not interested because you've been burned by Sonic too many times? Or just don't care either way? Speed down to that reply box to let me know what you think. :D

I haven't played a Sonic game since I was little and that mobile game one. I kinda want to get Sonic Generations though. I do have it on steam, but I can't run it! It would be cool to see it for PS+ though. I actually thought this Sonic Mania would be all the games packaged into one. I'd definitely pick that up.

I haven't played a Sonic game since I was little and that mobile game one. I kinda want to get Sonic Generations though. I do have it on steam, but I can't run it! It would be cool to see it for PS+ though. I actually thought this Sonic Mania would be all the games packaged into one. I'd definitely pick that up.

I think we're long overdue for one of those, lol. Between Sonic Mega Collection and Sonic Gems Collection pretty much every classic game has been packaged, but they really need to combine those and then maybe throw in Adventure 1 and 2 too. Or do a modern collection that includes most everything from Sonic Adventure up to Lost World. That seems far less likely though since the Wii games wouldn't really translate to other consoles.

Thumps up for it being 2D. I tried Sonic Generation and boy it was bad. The 3D would give me headache. They should name this Sonic 4 and packaged the first 3 games along with this one and sell it. It looks really good. Looks like the old Sonic 2 that I remembered and played a ton out of.