HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Venom

Playstation Plus games for August 2016 revealed!

So today the PS+ lineup for August was revealed, and it's...different?

Full lineup:

Tricky Towers, PS4

Rebel Galaxy, PS4

Yakuza 5, PS3

Retro/Grade, PS3

Patapon 3, PS Vita

Ultratron, PS Vita, PS3, PS4

Tricky Towers looks like some kinda crazy version of Tetris, so that could be fun, and I'll probably try Rebel Galaxy. My PS3 isn't working otherwise I'd give Yakuza 5 a shot too, but I have Retro/Grade on Steam already. I dunno anything about Patapon so I'll have to look that up, but Ultratron (which I also have on Steam) is pretty fun. Overall doesn't seem like a terrible lineup, but also nothing really stands out, besides maybe Yakuza 5 since it was one of the last big PS3 releases and isn't that old yet.

Anyway, what do you think about August's PS+ games?

I actually think it's an above-average lineup since there are some games on the list I'm interested in (like Rebel Galaxy and Patapon 3). Ultratron I could take or leave, and I've already played Retro/Grade (which is pretty good if you haven't checked it out yet), but I'll probably check out Tricky Towers on PS4. Yakuza 5 will probably be the highlight for most gamers. I'd give this lineup a 6.5 or 7 out of 10. xD

Terrible month to be honest. Yakuza is the only game I'm interested in. Then again I haven't touched my PS3 ever since I moved onto PS4. I haven't even played a PS+ game since joining PS+ back in mid June. Well the only one I played/beaten is Gone Home. 

PS+ has been lacking excitement lately. I wish I was happy. I do noticed the past year that when I'm not subscribed there were fantastic games and when I'm subscribed it's pretty mediocre with at least one good game. I kinda want a WWE game on PS+ since Gold with Games has one. 

Also holy crap people are raging right now. If you look at Playstation's YT video on the games, it has more dislikes that likes and a lot of negativity. 

I think Yakuza 5 is good for this month. But I heard they got a lot of negative feedback for not giving better tittles this month. Can't win them all Sony.