HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Venom

Metal Gear Survive

So, I'm sure we all expected Konami to keep milking the Metal Gear name even with Kojima out on his own, but...I'm not sure anyone was expecting this:

According to Konami, it will be a "stealth/action co-op survival" game set just after the events of MGSV: Ground Zeroes, will take place in an alternate dimension, and will feature something akin to zombies. Yep.

So anyway, how do you all feel about this new Metal Gear game? Does it look like something you'd enjoy playing, or are you already writing it off as a desperate cash grab for Konami to make money off the series name without delivering anything remotely resembling what you'd expect from Metal Gear? Or are you just going to wait and see how you feel when there's more information about the game?

Obviously Metal Gear was never going to be quite the same without Kojima at the helm, but this...seems like a pretty radical shift. I mean, yeah, Metal Gear has had online multiplayer/co-op components before, but not an entire game that revolves around just that. I can't honestly say this sounds like something I'd enjoy playing, and only a small part of it is due to the fact that I'd be expecting an actual Metal Gear-style experience from something that...probably won't be very Metal Gear-ish at all. I'll still follow along with it and see where it goes, though.

We all knew it was coming and it will be hard to accept without Kojima behind it. However this is not my first rodeo. When the new DMC came out and done by one of the worst game studios Ninja Theory  I as well as every other fan was not happy. In the end I gave in and gave the game a chance thinking it's just a game called DMC nothing more. The game turned out to be pretty good and I really liked what they did with the story between Dante and his brother Vergil.

So it sucks Kojima is not behind it and it's very different but does that make it bad? Kojima was trying to get out of MGS for years so even if he didn't leave the studio it would have come to this at some point. Metal Gear Rising was also a very different game in the Metal Gear series as well as the handhelds so different does not mean bad.

I'll take this new game as I did DMC it's just a game called Metal Gear nothing more and I'm sure it could be a fun ride.

So they remade Snake Eater into a Pachinko instead of making a game out of it. Hey lets troll the fans by making a game that isn't a pachinko and it turns out to be Metal Gear Survive. 

Anyways my honest thoughts...

I love the MGS series so much that I actually might get this because of it. Also it has 4 player co-op so you know what that means Venom lol. 

Also if you've played Phantom Pain, there are some sidequests where you tracked down some fellow surviving soldiers from Ground Zeroes that happens to be lost and zombie like. I wonder if that is related to the events in MGSurvive. It'll be interesting if it's canon to the main MGS storyline. Plus there were some zombie enemies in Phantom Pain. 

I love Metal Gear Solid. It feels weird not playing a Kojima MGS game, but we'll see. There are a lot of dislikes on that video as well. I hope it's at least better than that Umbrella Corporation game or something.

Just about every game has to be zombified. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that MGS is going that route. At least it is co-op so I can play with my friends if we all get it. But it just looks like L4D with the metal gear tag on it.