HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
TKtheknight

Doom $19.99 at GameStop and Amazon

The game came out in May and after a few months it's already down to $20 though the price is a weekly GameStop promotion so it's that price until Tuesday or Wed.

Amazon price matched as well so that's good. I can get the game free without spending money (using Amazon credit).

Good deal considering the positive buzz and Game of the Year contender.

GameStop

Amazon

P.S. This is why being a cheap ass gamer is awesome. Never buy a game on launch lol. 

Yeah, that didn't take long. >_> I bought it for just under $30 and really wish I'd waited now. It's a good game, sure, but didn't really resonate or stick with me in any way. Once I finished it I was basically just like "okay, what's next?" I didn't bother to try out the multiplayer though, maybe that would have given it more lasting appeal. I dunno, but either way it's probably still worth playing if you like fast-paced FPS games, but if you can wait for it to be even cheaper (it's bound to hit like $14.99 at some point) then probably do that. Or rent it.

I will pick it up when it drops to $19.99 at Best Buy so I can use GCU and get points.

Honestly, pretty excited to play it though.

Yeah, that didn't take long. >_> I bought it for just under $30 and really wish I'd waited now. It's a good game, sure, but didn't really resonate or stick with me in any way. Once I finished it I was basically just like "okay, what's next?" I didn't bother to try out the multiplayer though, maybe that would have given it more lasting appeal. I dunno, but either way it's probably still worth playing if you like fast-paced FPS games, but if you can wait for it to be even cheaper (it's bound to hit like $14.99 at some point) then probably do that. Or rent it.

I thought about renting it at redbox with a free code, but I'd have to rush really fast to beat it since it's a day rental. I like to take my time in long games. Man I had to beat Black Ops 3 campaign in a day using redbox so I rushed it and I kinda forgot the story lol.

Welp Venom time to stop buying games that are $30 or more knowing it'll drop under that soon. You gotta play more No Man's Sky to make up for that price you paid. xD

I will pick it up when it drops to $19.99 at Best Buy so I can use GCU and get points.

Honestly, pretty excited to play it though.

Hmm I think some CAG members were able to price match it at Best Buy and Target. Thought it's 50/50. Might be worth a shot to do it or patiently wait for BB to price match it like Amazon did.

Hmm I think some CAG members were able to price match it at Best Buy and Target. Thought it's 50/50. Might be worth a shot to do it or patiently wait for BB to price match it like Amazon did.

BB pricematches BUT you don't get the GCU discount. With Black Friday right around the corner, I'm gonna hold out.