HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

PSA: Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse is being delisted tomorrow; grab it now while you can

If you haven't gotten it yet, today is the very last day to grab Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse since it's being delisted from digital services.

Presumably, this is due to the license expiring and SEGA opting not to renew it.

In lieu of this, the game is going for super cheap right now, just $2.24 on Steam and $3.74 on PSN and XBLA.

If you're unsure about it, it's a pretty great little platformer; you can check out my review for it by clicking here.

P.S. I would recommend buying it on Steam over PSN, if only because your PS3 might break down at some point in the future, where it'll be much harder to play it then (unless you buy a new one or are able to fix it).

I have it on PS3 and Steam (...because my PS3 broke down making it hard to play and I haven't bought a new one or gotten it fixed :P) and it is indeed a great game. If you somehow don't have it and you like whimsical platformers, it's totally worth the asking price. I didn't mind that I paid the full $15 for it on PS3. I haven't played it again on Steam yet, but it would probably have a ton of negative reviews if there were any major bugs with that version, so you're probably good to go there.

Odd that it's not on sale on XBL. Maybe nobody bought that version anyway.

Man I was gone all day to buy stuff for work. I guess it's delisted by the time I saw this thread. I was gonna get it on PSN, but it's gone. Oh well. Was this ever part of PS+? I don't remember if I have it or not. I checked the store and it just says add to wishlist.

Man I was gone all day to buy stuff for work. I guess it's delisted by the time I saw this thread. I was gonna get it on PSN, but it's gone. Oh well. Was this ever part of PS+? I don't remember if I have it or not. I checked the store and it just says add to wishlist.

Looks like it was in the PS+ lineup in April 2014. If you recently renewed PS+ after not having it a while (which I think you did?) all your PS+ stuff should be near the top of your download list, so you can surf through there and see if it's listed. The PS+ version also included the original Genesis game and a PS3 theme, so you might happen across those.

I think I got this on the DS when it was like $10.

Looks like it was in the PS+ lineup in April 2014. If you recently renewed PS+ after not having it a while (which I think you did?) all your PS+ stuff should be near the top of your download list, so you can surf through there and see if it's listed. The PS+ version also included the original Genesis game and a PS3 theme, so you might happen across those.

Ha! I went to check my trophy list and looks like I did play and beat when it came out that month. Guess no worries then since I've beaten it no reason to go back lol. Sometimes I don't even remember the games I have (says I've played 250+ games from Playstation).