HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

That's a lot of money: Daniel Craig offered $150 million for more Bond

Remember when Daniel Craig infamously said that "he'd rather slash his own wrists than do another Bond film" (after he did Spectre a year or two ago)?

A lot of people thought he was digging his own grave by saying it (not that he cared), but it turns out that... well, the comments may have had the opposite effect, actually making the studio want to retain him even more.

Case in point, the latest news going around is that they're willing to offer him $150 million to return for two back-to-back Bond movies. That's 75 million per movie, which is pretty crazy; very few actors have ever made that kind of money on one film without some sort of backdoor deal that involves getting a percentage of the film's profits. So yeah, that's major money. xD

Anyhow, no response from the Craig camp but I'll be really surprised if he turns it down, especially since he mentioned that if he did come back, it would be for the money. $150 million would have him set for the rest of his career, essentially. But if he turns it down, massive respect to him as well for having the self-respect to walk away from something his heart isn't into.

What do you guys think? Will he take the deal? Would you? xD

It seems really stupid on the part of the people offering him the money when they could just spend less to get someone else. The role of Bond has been a rotating door of actors so it's not like people would really notice or care much as long as the new actor was a good fit. Like, as long as they don't pull a George Lazenby and just get some rando no one's ever heard of, it'll probably work out.

As for Craig's side, yeah, I'd have to give him props if he turned it down. If he really needed the money (which he probably doesn't) it would make sense for him to take it, but otherwise I dunno if he'd pull a complete 180 like that. I mean, I probably would, but that's because I'm bad with money and will take any that gets thrown at me. xD

He'll be an idiot to turn that down no offense. I wish I could command something like that. So did he ever say why he doesn't like being Bond anymore? Isn't that like everyone dream? Or was this some sort of amazing PR move that he knew would get him 150 mill?

He's not worth that much.  It's not like they don't have a laundry list of people capable of being the next bond for 1/3rd of that.  

There was once a rumor that Idris Elba would play Bond, but it was shot down. As for Craig, maybe he's tired of doing Bond or action movies in general. Usually they rotate actors after 3-4 films. Maybe Craig has plenty of money for his life that he doesn't need another Bond film to make money and stick with smaller roles or regular roles. Money doesn't have to lead to happiness all the time lol.

Anyways Craig has done his part as a Bond so maybe it's time to give someone the keys for the new generation. Whoever the next Bond will be, they better bond together and pick the right one. It's part of bonding life together.

There was once a rumor that Idris Elba would play Bond, but it was shot down. As for Craig, maybe he's tired of doing Bond or action movies in general. Usually they rotate actors after 3-4 films. Maybe Craig has plenty of money for his life that he doesn't need another Bond film to make money and stick with smaller roles or regular roles. Money doesn't have to lead to happiness all the time lol.

Anyways Craig has done his part as a Bond so maybe it's time to give someone the keys for the new generation. Whoever the next Bond will be, they better bond together and pick the right one. It's part of bonding life together.

I'm sure he is already set as far as money. This is just Hollywood and I need/want more money kind of deal to keep up with my lavish lifestyles in Hollywood.

Is he even considered to be that great of a bond? What is his all time list as far as actor for Bond goes? Is there such a list?