HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

Hello Games: No Man's Sky a mistake? Nah, they were just hacked

So this was kinda crazy -- apparently Hello Games' social accounts sent out a message today that said "No Man's Sky was a mistake."

It was deleted fairly quickly, but apparently someone had hacked Hello Games' Linkedin profile, and it turned out to be a disgruntled employee according to Sean Murray. Furthermore, some emails went out to Kotaku and Polygon that appeared to be from Sean Murray but also turned out to be fake. The fake email was an alleged apology to fans that the game was "not good enough" and purportedly threw Sony under the bus. You can check out the email in the link above.

Still, pretty crazy time for Hello Games. Murray claims they're still working on the game, but one has to wonder if they've lost their drive after everything that has happened (fan backlash and all). :blink:

People still mad about this game? It was too ambitious and it didn't deliver. I get it. But I guess this isn't the first game to be over hyped and not deliver right?

Man what a trainwreck this has become. Feel bad for the company that went from hyped to mediocre to just mixed/negative things. Hopefully things pick up again and learn their lesson and be careful in the next development in their game. Crazy the ones I know enjoy the game and most of the mixed reaction is from outside of GP and friends lol.

Poor Hello Games.  :(

They really should have remained open with the community after launch despite the backlash. The longer they remain silent the worse things have gotten. 

The media hasn't helped either. Hyping the game so hard then not getting followup information. All of these people were best friends with Sean Murray (how many times did you hear he's the nicest guy in the world?) when they were getting exclusive demos but now no one can get a single sentence? Please.

Sony! Where is your PR team advising these guys? 

I honestly feel bad for them and hate to see a few poorly thought out statements/videos pre-launch really governing the entire legacy of this game.