HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

Best Buy: Dragon Quest Builders for $50 ($40 w/ GCU)

Dragon Quest Builders - $50 ($40 w/ GCU)

LINK

Ironically, I ordered this hours before this sale began. In any case, I'll have my order pricematched to get the discount since I can't cancel now. :D

Still, this is a pretty good deal for now for a pretty good game a lot of people have been buzzing about.

My recommendation

If you have the money (and GCU membership) and are eager to jump into it ASAP, I'd say take the leap and get it. But if you're scrounging for every dollar and can afford to wait, you may find it up to $10 cheaper during Black Friday, though I doubt it'll go below $30 before the year ends. It might not even hit $30, though. Who knows?

Since I don't have GCU I'll wait until I can get it for around $35 or $40 elsewhere, though hopefully it will go lower than that sometime soon. I mean, it's a Squenix game, so the price will drop and it'll go on sale a lot, though probably not to the extent their Western developed games do, so...gotta figure out the sweet spot here. :P The demo was fun and I can see myself enjoying it, so I'll end up getting it one way or the other eventually.

This might feel an early BF deal like the GCU only sale for the past few days. If the game is $30-35 on BF at BB, I might pick it up. Seems like a good deal for a just released game, but I can wait. The demo was fun. I need to stop buying games ever since I got a job. Dx