HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Steve Bitto

Black Friday Plans

In case you missed it, CAG has a fantastic Black Friday Master List for all gaming related deals. They've even compiled a Google Sheet that highlights where each game is the best price!

What are you planning on buying? Anything you're on the fence about?

My List

DOOM

Telltale's Batman

Battleborn

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

The Witcher 3: Complete Edition

Maybe List

Lego Dimensions Starter Pack

Titanfall 2

Battlefield 1

Bioshock: The Collection

The maybe list consists of games that could possibly go cheaper by the time I have a chance to play them. My definite buys are the games that are the lowest price I can realistically see them going.

• Like 1

I was going to make a thread like this but figured I'd wait until it was closer. Instead I waited until someone beat me to it. :P

Anyway, so far I'm only planning to definitely buy two games: Mafia 3 and ReCore. My "maybe" list is a lot longer...if there's any deals on a year of Xbox Live I may get that, and I'm a little tempted to try Battleborn at 10 bucks. $25 for DBZ Xenoverse 2 is also a nice price but I haven't even finished the first game, so I'm not sure I should buy it. Also tempted by Street Fighter V for $15, and if Mad Max ends up $10 or so anywhere (unlikely since most of the ads have been posted by now) I'd wanna get that too...but for now just those first two games.

Here's my list!

• Overwatch (at $35, I can't afford NOT to buy it!)
  • Recore
  • Uncharted TNDC
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (actually have it on Steam w/o the Definitive Edition part but I'd rather play on XB1)
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 (PS4 version for $8)

All of which can be bought for $15 or under except for Overwatch. I'm still not sure if I'll buy every single one on that list, but Recore, Overwatch, and FFX/X-2 seem to be virtual locks.

I already have $100 in gift certs between best buy and amazon so I'm pretty stoked

My List

Assassins Creed Syndicate (At $8 bucks ill buy almost anything)

Possible shot at Telltale Batman (usually wait til these are on sale for 10)

Bioshock Collection

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2?

Far Cry Primal

Kingdom Hearts 2.5

Lego Star Wars TFA?

Mortal Kombat XL

Plants Vs Zombies GW2 (The beta was a BLAST)

Recore

Star Ocean 4?

World of FF?

Twilight Princess HD

Welp I have compiled a list of what games I wanted so far. I actually had a bit more, but deleted it off since I'm not in a hurry to get it or cutting down my spending. Anyways here's my big list of what I'm interested in getting. I narrowed down to who has the lowest price for the game. I might or might not get every game on the list. 

Black Friday Shopping List

Best Buy
-Bioshock Collection (PS4/XB1) - $30
-Metal Gear Solid V: Definitive Edition (PS4/XB1) - $25
-Mortal Kombat XL (PS4/XB1) - $20
-Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (XB1) - $15

Gamestop
-Dragon Quest Heroes (PS4) - $10
-Dying Light (PS4/XB1) - $20 (Not sure if it's regular or enhanced edition)
-Ratchet and Clanke (PS4) - $10

Target
-Assassin's Creed Syndicate (PS4/XB1) - $8
-Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4/XB1) - $25
-Plants vs Zombies GW2 (PS4/XB1) - $15
-Recore (XB1) - $15

Wal-Mart
-Battlefield 1 (PS4/XB1) - $27
-Battlefield Hardline (PS4/XB1) - $8
-Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD (PS4) - $8
-Just Cause 3 (PS4/XB1) - $15
-Recore (XB1) - $15
-WWE 2K17 (PS4/XB1) -$27

Estimated Cost w/CA tax: $315.85

P.S. I might add more since I'm still waiting for a deal on some XB1 exclusives like Quantum Break, Dead Rising 3, Rare Replay, and Halo Master Chief Collection.

P.S.S. Jason I'm surprised you don't have Uncharted :TNDC. I thought you already had it when you got your PS4. xD

UPDATE: 11/15/16 - Changed my list a bit and trim down budget a bit

I was going to pick up Titanfall 2 around Black Friday, but... then I just picked it up for $30 which is better than most of the deals for it on that day.

Other than that the only thing I'm set on picking up for sure is a New 3DS for $100. TK's list of stuff does make it tempting to pick up a thing or two tho...

I was going to pick up Titanfall 2 around Black Friday, but... then I just picked it up for $30 which is better than most of the deals for it on that day.

Other than that the only thing I'm set on picking up for sure is a New 3DS for $100. TK's list of stuff does make it tempting to pick up a thing or two tho...

I ended up getting Titanfall 2 for $30 at Wal Mart as well, but got it for XB1 since I felt after playing the first game on 360 I think of it as a XB1 title and used to controls there. Probably should've got it for PS4 to play with you, but we still got Overwatch lol.

Does anyone know which stores have the same deals available online?

So far I think Best Buy and Wal Mart does from what I've read on CAG. They usually have the prices online for in-store pick up and shipping. Though some games may be in-store only for the event. I'll definitely get the deals online if I'm working and not able to shop in-store.

Does anyone know which stores have the same deals available online?

So far I think Best Buy and Wal Mart does from what I've read on CAG. They usually have the prices online for in-store pick up and shipping. Though some games may be in-store only for the event. I'll definitely get the deals online if I'm working and not able to shop in-store.

I believe most of the big stores have the same pricing available online unless the items are labeled as "doorbusters." In which case, they're in-store exclusive prices for that day that will sell out fast. However, the online prices only last as long as they have product, which, in most cases, sells out fairly quickly, so your best bet is to wait for the prices to live at 12am on Black Friday.

Being overseas I am looking for some good digital or online deals ^^

Ori sounds great for 15 usd but I would love to get Inside at a discount.

Titanfall 2 for 30 usd sounds pretty tempting.

I also want to finish playing Life is strange.  Did anyone see any good digital or online deals on this?

Episode 1 was interesting enough to keep me playing.

I also want to finish playing Life is strange.  Did anyone see any good digital or online deals on this?

Episode 1 was interesting enough to keep me playing.

I've actually seen that one in at least one Humble Bundle so far, I think. It's entirely likely that it'll be in Steam's Winter Sale, so I'd hold off for then unless you see any better deals beforehand.

• Like 1

Hey guys.  Microsofts Black Friday digital deals are up.  And the list is pretty massive.  As always nothing too amazing but still worth looking at.

I will be picking up Inside for 13.50 ish usd and Life is strange 1-5 for 6.60!!!  (That is pretty dirt cheap!)

https://majornelson.com/2016/11/18/black-friday-xbox-digital-game-deals-and-more/

Hope you guys get some good deals as well!  Enjoy!

I don't really have a list. It will be like every year. No need to plan. If I see anything $10 or under and I was somewhat interested it will be an instant buy. I won't buy anything more than $10 though.