HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

Oh snap, Knack 2 is coming...?

Of all the PlayStation games out there, Knack is probably the last one that I would've expected a sequel to. I haven't played it yet, but Knack doesn't seem to be QUITE as bad as some have made it out to be, but it does look sub-par as far as Sony's other efforts go.

Given the lukewarm reaction to the first one, it really seemed like Sony was just going to write it off and try something else, but if today is any indication they seem intent to turn Knack into a franchise. Which, I don't blame them, but again -- Knack is the last game people were clamoring for a sequel to. xD

In any case, the following video is pretty funny and good at capturing the awkwardness behind the whole thing (it's a fan-edited video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OU6-kSDtiY

What did you guys think of the Knack 2 announcement? Were you surprised? Excited? Horrified? xD

I know most people are somewhere between "lolwut" and "oh god no why please no why" but I'm honestly excited. Knack wasn't amazing by any means, obviously, but it was still fun and felt like a good throwback to the PS1 platformers of yore in some ways, while still feeling like its own modern take on the genre. I'll be ready to check this out whenever it hits shelves, and I'm excited seeing that it has co-op since, assuming I can convince anyone else to buy it, that would make it even more fun. :P

But yeah, still very surprising. I didn't see it coming.

They must think they can still profit from this. I yet to play the first one. I'm sure it isn't that bad and this one probably would be worth the price when it is super cheap.

Looks like me and Venom are the only ones here so far that enjoyed Knack. I like it and felt like a Saturday morning cartoon type of game. I hope the second has co-op as well. 

Knack it 2 it!

Although I expected Knack 2 to look a little less similar to Knack 1, I'm still happy to see the announcement. There is absolutely a market for a simple, platformer with great cartoony graphics. Hopefully, Knack 2 is back with the same great voice acting and diversifies the gameplay/environments a little better than the first.

The only thing I will say is that if Ratchet and Clank was a $40 game, this cannot be sold for $60. 

• Like 1

Although I expected Knack 2 to look a little less similar to Knack 1, I'm still happy to see the announcement. There is absolutely a market for a simple, platformer with great cartoony graphics. Hopefully, Knack 2 is back with the same great voice acting and diversifies the gameplay/environments a little better than the first.

The only thing I will say is that if Ratchet and Clank was a $40 game, this cannot be sold for $60. 

I can see a $30 price point. Or $60 for 2 weeks and then an instant drop to $30.

I loved the first Knack. I bought it with the launch of PS4, and had a ton of fun with it. I think it has potential to be a great franchise, and Sony seems to know where they went wrong with the first. I think it was also a bit out of place with the other launch titles, which probably didn't help either.