HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

Gotham City Sirens movie announced

Well this is kinda unexpected?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/gotham-city-sirens-movie-david-ayer-margot-robbie-reteam-all-female-dc-villains-project-?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

It looks like Warner Bros. went ahead and announced that a Gotham City Sirens movie is in the works and will once again star Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn and David Ayer will direct.

If you're not familiar with Gotham City Sirens, it was a comic series that focused on Harley Quinn, Catwoman, and Poison Ivy.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm actually a little surprised that they're heading in this direction, but then kinda not because everyone liked Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn, so it's natural that they want to keep a good thing going. But I wonder who they'll get to play Catwoman and Poison Ivy.

Also, Suicide Squad sequel is still happening, but apparently this movie is further along in development. I still find it slightly funny that both Suicide Squad and this are happening before the bulk of more popular DC heroes get their own movie. xD

What do you guys think? Are you looking forward to this at all?

Well, got to watch this too for research purposes.

• Like 2

If they give Harley more than 8 painfully uninspired 1-liners I would definitely be interested. It sounds like the movie we might finally see the Harley we all really love, not the silly eye candy one they forced on us in Suicide Squad. But then again this is the Snyder-verse so it will probably be garbage.

Darn when I saw the title I was thinking of the game Siren taking place in Gotham City. Would've been cool to see a horror game set in Gotham City. xD

Anyways I don't have much knowledge of the series so it's a neutral feeling at the moment. I did like Robbie's Quinn in a way. They just need a better handling of her story or something like Chris said. I do wonder who'd play Catwoman and Ivy though. 

If there was any premise that screamed "fun, funny, a bit lighthearted but not kid-friendly, and thoroughly entertaining to see" it's this one. Naturally, someone will find a way to make it stupidly dark and gritty and depressing and boring. If this was a Marvel movie I'd be on the edge of my butt with excitement, but since it's DC I'm just going to assume the worst until I see a trailer. And then keep assuming the worst because no matter how good their trailers make the movies look, they end up a mess. :P

Well, I loved Suicide Squad extended cut it was a good movie so I'll be happy to see this. People need to stop crying like babies just because DC movies are for adults and not a little kids Disney comedy like Marvel. You will understand when you are older kids that life isn't all rainbows and unicorns. I loved the extended cuts of Bat v Super and Suicide Squad so keep em coming DC and make them little kids cry.

Well, I loved Suicide Squad extended cut it was a good movie so I'll be happy to see this. People need to stop crying like babies just because DC movies are for adults and not a little kids Disney comedy like Marvel. You will understand when you are older kids that life isn't all rainbows and unicorns. I loved the extended cuts of Bat v Super and Suicide Squad so keep em coming DC and make them little kids cry.

Can't agree with you completely. I'm with you on the Marvel movies. They are cliche, boring and, at best, 7/10. The DC movies on the other hand have been downright awful. I love DC and after the Nolan Batman films I had super high hopes but Batman v, Superman and Suicide Squad were seriously bad movies. Not bad comic book movies, straight up bad movies.

Now, there was a good movie in both of them but cumbersome plots with unclear motives, awful directing, fumbled key scenes, and wasted performances make them nearly unwatchable. I promise you, if they don't change something up, the DC cinematic universe will die much sooner than people think. 

Can't agree with you completely. I'm with you on the Marvel movies. They are cliche, boring and, at best, 7/10. The DC movies on the other hand have been downright awful. I love DC and after the Nolan Batman films I had super high hopes but Batman v, Superman and Suicide Squad were seriously bad movies. Not bad comic book movies, straight up bad movies.

Now, there was a good movie in both of them but cumbersome plots with unclear motives, awful directing, fumbled key scenes, and wasted performances make them nearly unwatchable. I promise you, if they don't change something up, the DC cinematic universe will die much sooner than people think. 

I haven't seen either yet, but do you think the issue lies mostly with the directing? Or was the script equally awful? The one thing everyone seems to agree on is that it wasn't the actors' faults; they did what they were directed to do.

Have you guys seen Batman vs Superman extended cuts? That was better because it explains more of why we have each scenes. I personally like Dawn of Justice even though it had a few problems here and there.