HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

Taco Bell's Fried Chicken-Shell Chalupa is coming (dun dun DUN)

It's been a while since we've had any weird fast food to report on, but now...

...brace yourselves... for the NAKED CHICKEN CHALUPA. HOO-AH.

fried-chicken-taco-shell.jpg

HOO AH

YES THE SHELL IS ACTUALLY A PIECE OF FRIED CHICKEN

Seriously, I'm getting throwbacks to KFC's Double Down here, and I actually never got to try that. Also, there's no meat on the inside of this; it's pretty much just condiments (lettuce, sour cream, tomato, cheese etc.).

Anyhow, I'd probably try this just to see what it tastes like, but I can't say it necessarily looks amazing.

What do you guys think? xD

Needs chicken on the inside too to make the heart attack really worth it.

I'll try one anyway though.

I can pretty much eat anything. I love Taco Bell and wasted so much money there for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Looking forward to the new food! Indeed Jason it reminds me of the KFC too. Don't judge a book by its cover. Jason have you tried those dollar stacked Tacos? Pretty tasty for a dollar with Nacho, Sweet and Spicy, and Habanero Ranch flavor. :D

OMG I must have one! Mmmmmmm I love Taco Bell and FKC so once I am done spending my Subway coupons I'll be going next door for one of these yummy beasts.

I love fried chicken so I think I have to try this even if I think it won't taste good. But we all know the best part of fried chicken is the chicken skin. So yea this probably will be delicious and take 5 years off my life. Oh well.

I want to go on a slow day, like 3 o clock and see if i can get them to fill it with beef, steak, chicken and cheese

I want to go on a slow day, like 3 o clock and see if i can get them to fill it with beef, steak, chicken and cheese

That would be delicious.

It would also probably kill you!

I already know that eating this will take 5 years off my life but I am willing to do it.

I had this for lunch and OMG it's so good :) Gotta go back for more.

I had this for lunch and OMG it's so good :) Gotta go back for more.

I had fried chicken last night and all I could think of was how good would this be.

I had this on launch day and it was indeed pretty good. It's basically a chicken sandwhich without bread that's shaped like a taco. It's also spicy too. Taco Bell has pretty good limited time creations. I kinda miss the Quesalupa lol.

IT'S ALREADY OVER??

I didn't even get to try it yet. Oh well.

I think it may be gone for certain areas. My Taco Bell here still has the Chicken Chalupa available. You should give it a try Jason. Why not have it for dinner tonight if it's still around in your area or maybe grab one as a snack? xD

Naw I just had 3 Da nakey chickee choop choop's today for lunch it's not over yet :)

Man, scared me. I need to try this soon. Why would they take it away? Seems like it is a big hit.

Man, scared me. I need to try this soon. Why would they take it away? Seems like it is a big hit.

Unless it becomes one of their top sellers, I imagine it will go away at some point; a lot of fast food joints just do these weird items for a short time as a means of promoting the business and increasing awareness against competition. I'd be surprised if it sticks around in the longterm, only because I can't imagine it's easy for them to continue producing the fried chicken shells on a regular basis and make a profit off of it.

Unless it becomes one of their top sellers, I imagine it will go away at some point; a lot of fast food joints just do these weird items for a short time as a means of promoting the business and increasing awareness against competition. I'd be surprised if it sticks around in the longterm, only because I can't imagine it's easy for them to continue producing the fried chicken shells on a regular basis and make a profit off of it.

Man, I'll just have to stick to Popeyes lol