HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Venom

PS Plus games for March 2017 revealed

Another month, another round of PS Plus freebies! This month's lineup isn't looking too bad, unless you're one of those people I've seen talking about how they just bought Severed and now it's going to be free. :P Anyway, here's the lineup:

• Disc Jam, PS4
  • Tearaway Unfolded, PS4
  • Under Night: In-Birth, PS3
  • Earth Defense Force 2025, PS3
  • Lumo, PS Vita (crossbuy on PS4)
  • Severed, PS Vita

I've already played Tearaway but haven't tried any of the other stuff, so I could check those out. I've been curious about Under Night In-Birth and though I'd much rather play it on Steam, I guess this way I can try it without spending money on it. EDF games are always fun too.

Wasn't Tearaway a good game? I don't really know much about this lineup. But free is free. I feel like again there isn't any big name games again from PS plus that jumps out at people?

In general, not a terrible line-up, per se, but there's really nothing for me there.

Severed is supposed to be really good, but it doesn't look like my type of game. Already have Tearaway Unfolded and still need to play it. Disc Jam looks interesting but I'll probably never get around to it. Earth Defense Force 2025 and Lumo could be interesting but same thing. And then I'll probably never touch Under Night.

I'm starting to wonder if I should continue subbing to PS Plus. It's not that it isn't a great value, but I'm personally just not making as much use of it these days.

I'm starting to wonder if I should continue subbing to PS Plus. It's not that it isn't a great value, but I'm personally just not making as much use of it these days.

TBH the free games don't really do anything for me and never really have. I barely play them if I even download them in the first place. The only reason I'm subbed at this point is for online multiplayer...or for Overwatch, specifically. xD

TBH the free games don't really do anything for me and never really have. I barely play them if I even download them in the first place. The only reason I'm subbed at this point is for online multiplayer...or for Overwatch, specifically. xD

Crazy to think that the hidden fee for playing Overwatch is really $110 (if you bought it at full price)! xD

Tearaway Unfolded is awesome! I'm happy to see it included with PS+, hopefully it will get more people playing it. I think it's one of PS4's most underrated titles.

• Like 1

Tearaway Unfolded is awesome! I'm happy to see it included with PS+, hopefully it will get more people playing it. I think it's one of PS4's most underrated titles.

Media Molecule in general is one of Sony's most underrated studios, I think. They hit it big with LittleBigPlanet but have sort of struggled to have a (financially successful) game ever since LBP2. Hopefully Dreams comes through!

• Like 1

In general, not a terrible line-up, per se, but there's really nothing for me there.

Severed is supposed to be really good, but it doesn't look like my type of game. Already have Tearaway Unfolded and still need to play it. Disc Jam looks interesting but I'll probably never get around to it. Earth Defense Force 2025 and Lumo could be interesting but same thing. And then I'll probably never touch Under Night.

My biggest issue with PS Plus is that they give away too many games. With a backlog as deep as mine, I'd be lucky to play even one of the six every month.

My biggest issue with PS Plus is that they give away too many games. With a backlog as deep as mine, I'd be lucky to play even one of the six every month.

Yeah, that's definitely part of the issue.

I wonder if subscribers would approve of a plan where they just put out 1-2 games a month, but they're games that are really high quality; either big AAA titles or first-party titles that might be a few years old, or higher end indie titles that have gotten great reviews and sold a lot.

It'd also be kind of neat if they had a plan for about half price where you can keep playing the free games you've accumulated so far through PS Plus, but not get any of the new ones every month.

Media Molecule in general is one of Sony's most underrated studios, I think. They hit it big with LittleBigPlanet but have sort of struggled to have a (financially successful) game ever since LBP2. Hopefully Dreams comes through!

Yes, but at least it seems Sony knows what they have in Mm. I think Dreams is going to be something special, and I'm glad Sony is letting them take their time with it. Also it is where my buddy, Abbie Heppe (ex-CM for Respawn) now works, I wouldn't want the first game that she ships with them to be a failure.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's definitely part of the issue.

I wonder if subscribers would approve of a plan where they just put out 1-2 games a month, but they're games that are really high quality; either big AAA titles or first-party titles that might be a few years old, or higher end indie titles that have gotten great reviews and sold a lot.

It'd also be kind of neat if they had a plan for about half price where you can keep playing the free games you've accumulated so far through PS Plus, but not get any of the new ones every month.

Honestly, just discussing it right now and trying to come up with ideas myself I've come to the conclusion that they could never make everyone happy. If they included more popular games, more people would have already bought them. If they included popular indies, people would still ask for AAA. If they give away 10 titles a month, I'd be sad that I can't get to the majority of them.

I guess the way it's set up now there's a good variety of games and a good chance that you'll get your money's worth on 5-6 genuinely good-great games a year. 

• Like 1

Honestly, I'd be happy with a $15-$20 per year subscription that JUST let you play games online. No PS Plus freebies or whatever, since I never get around to playing them either. The only thing I get out of PS+ besides online play is the occasional better discount on PSN games, but I'd be fine with losing that if I was paying less.