HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

PSN Flash Sale 3/24/17 - Everything Must Go

Another month, another Flash sale!

This one actually has a number of games that are priced fairly well, I think, though your mileage may vary.

Here's a list of notable cheap games (mostly $5-8 or less). I'm excluding games that have been on PS Plus before (to my knowledge), just fyi.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed (PS3) - $1.99

Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 (PS3) - $1.99

Limbo (PS4) - $1.99

Rollers of the Realm (PS4, Vita) - $2.49

FreezeME (PS4) - $2.99

Poncho (PS4) - $2.99

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (PS3) - $2.99

Citizens of Earth (PS4, Vita) - $3.74

Tharsis (PS4) - $3.74

Lost Planet 3 (PS3) - $3.99

Remember Me (PS3) - $3.99

Hue (PS4, Vita) - $4.49 (can't remember if this was on PS Plus, but it's a good price)

Catherine (PS3) - $4.99

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (PS3) - $4.99

Headlander (PS4) - $5.99

Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4) - $4.99

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - $7.50

The Evil Within Digital Bundle - $8.99

NOTE: Activision is likely about to lose the license for Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions since Spider-Man games rarely go that cheap, even on sale. If you have any interest in buying it at all, I'd suggest you do so now before it disappears.

Jason's Picks

FreezeMe - $2.49

It's not perfect by any means, but FreezeMe is a pretty admirable Mario 64 clone that adds in a time-stopping gimmick to give it its own unique twist. $2.49 seems to be the perfect price point for it if it sounds like something you're interested in and want to take a gamble on.

Poncho - $2.99

Poncho is a pretty neat open-ended platformer. I wouldn't quite call it a Metroidvania per se, but it has aspects of it (returning to previous areas with new skills to find new items and such). Also, the story and setting are pretty cool -- it's post apocalyptic, but only robots seemingly exist (you play as one) and nature has started to reclaim the world. If you want to read more on it, you can check out this older preview piece I did for G4 a couple of years back.

Tharsis - $3.74

Tharsis is a surprisingly cool turn-based strategy game that uses RNG (random number generation) from Choice Provisions where you're on a mission to Mars but something goes wrong and the space ship suffers from an explosion. With several crew members dead and just a few remaining alive, you have to use your remaining crew to repair what's left of the ship while other functions increasingly get worse each turn if you want to survive the voyage. This would've made my top 10 list in 2016 if not for a few other games; I'd say it was definitely top 15, for sure.

Are any of you planning to grab anything from this Flash Sale?

PERSONA. 4. GOLDEN. FOR. $8. JASON. IS. WAY. BETTER. THAN. ANYTHING. ELSE. ON. THAT. SALE. (don't you have a Vita TV?)

I'll probably buy The Evil Within, kinda hard to pass it up at that price even though I dunno when I'll get around to playing it. Maybe P4G too (yeah, I know I should already have it by now) even though I know I'll never play it, because handheld. But my only other option to play it is PS3, which I also never play. OTHERWISE...I dunno. The Killzone games could be fun but they both probably have massive filesizes that would require me to delete half the stuff on my Vita for Mercenary/wait forever for Shadow Fall to download.

PERSONA. 4. GOLDEN. FOR. $8. JASON. IS. WAY. BETTER. THAN. ANYTHING. ELSE. ON. THAT. SALE. (don't you have a Vita TV?)

I didn't list P4G because that was previously a PS Plus game.

Also, I think I have it on PS Plus, but... meh. :P

/really tho, Persona as a series just doesn't do anything for me

I didn't list P4G because that was previously a PS Plus game.

Also, I think I have it on PS Plus, but... meh. :P

/really tho, Persona as a series just doesn't do anything for me

IT WASN'T, THOUGH. SO, JASON CONFIRMED TO ACTIVELY AVOID P4G FOR REASONS UNKNOWN. THIS IS LITERALLY THE LOWEST PRICE IT HAS BEEN.

IT WASN'T, THOUGH. SO, JASON CONFIRMED TO ACTIVELY AVOID P4G FOR REASONS UNKNOWN. THIS IS LITERALLY THE LOWEST PRICE IT HAS BEEN.

I'M ALMOST CERTAIN IT WAS. THOUGH I COULD BE GETTING IT CONFUSED WITH PERSONA 4 ARENA, WHICH WAS DEFINITELY A PS PLUS GAME.

I'M ALMOST CERTAIN IT WAS. THOUGH I COULD BE GETTING IT CONFUSED WITH PERSONA 4 ARENA, WHICH WAS DEFINITELY A PS PLUS GAME.

It looks like Persona 4 Arena Ultimax was. BUT AS SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN FIGHTING AGAINST THE URGE OF BUYING P4G TWICE OVER THE YEARS PURELY FOR DIGITAL CONVENIENCE (and to not use 3 gigs on my memory card.). I KNOW P4G HAS NOT BEEN ON PS+ (that, and I googled it.). But I bought it now.

I'll probably buy The Evil Within, kinda hard to pass it up at that price even though I dunno when I'll get around to playing it. Maybe P4G too (yeah, I know I should already have it by now) even though I know I'll never play it, because handheld. But my only other option to play it is PS3, which I also never play. OTHERWISE...I dunno. The Killzone games could be fun but they both probably have massive filesizes that would require me to delete half the stuff on my Vita for Mercenary/wait forever for Shadow Fall to download.

I'm also tempted to get it too. I got the PS3 version, but never got the DLC and it's pricey still, but this PS4 bundle comes with everything so I'm thinking about it! My only negative is how big the game is when it comes to downloading it digitally. I don't have fast internet, but dang it's like huge! Good thing I bought a external HDD. xD

As for Jason I never played Persona series either, but I'm really interested in P5 being my first one. I do have P4G, but I'll get around to it eventually lol. I thought it was on PS+ too cuz I remember it. It must've been for Europe PS+?

I'm considering Spider-man and Headlander. I really enjoyed Headlander when I played it back at PSX 2015. With so many big releases though (including NieR: Automata which I have but haven't played), I'm kinda leaning towards holding off.