HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

Sony is sending out $100 Golden Tickets to select PSN users this week

Apparently this has been done before, but this is the first time I'm hearing about it -- apparently Sony will be sending out $100 golden tickets in their weekly email newsletter to select lucky PSN users.

So keep an eye out in your email! I doubt I'll win anything (cuz I never do), but you might be one of the lucky few. Maybe? Laddie has a penchant for being lucky, so she'll probably win one these. xD

Also, apparently they're doing this to celebrate 10 years of PSN this week, so that's cool. :D

Source: PSU

• Like 1

Yeah never get anything from Sony these days except advertisement e-mails. I got an e-mail on congrats platinuming Horizon Zero Dawn though. Pretty cool of them to acknowledge and they gave me a platinum theme and a few avatars. Apparently there's 20% off codes in e-mails too. It showed up for flash sale e-mail and of course didn't get it. I shop on PSN more than XBL and Steam. Come on Sony I'm your loyal knight customer. xD

Anyways whenever I see these things I too think of Laddie winning as well Jason. Hopefully one of us or all of us on GP will be part of the golden ticket grab. Feels like Willy Wonka moment. xD

• Like 2

I did get the $10 random PSN credit a month or so ago, but I don't receive emails from Playstation. I've signed up several times and made sure I have the proper settings to allow for email communication, but still no emails! I would love to win $100! Good luck everyone!

TK, that's awesome they sent you an email for the platinum on HZD! I have a few more trophies to get, and I really hate those hunting ground trial things, so I probably won't.

• Like 1

What can you do with this golden ticket? Is it just money to be spent on PSN?

All I get from them now is "you need to change your password." Which I already have done...

I did get the $10 random PSN credit a month or so ago, but I don't receive emails from Playstation. I've signed up several times and made sure I have the proper settings to allow for email communication, but still no emails! I would love to win $100! Good luck everyone!

TK, that's awesome they sent you an email for the platinum on HZD! I have a few more trophies to get, and I really hate those hunting ground trial things, so I probably won't.

Oh man those trials were a pain in the butt. I ended up using the guide on how they did it. I believe in you Laddie! If these are the last of the trophies you need for platinum then I believe you can get it lol. It's amazing to platinum an huge open world game too. Also making sure you're opt in the newsletter you'll def get the theme and avatars I got. 

What can you do with this golden ticket? Is it just money to be spent on PSN?

All I get from them now is "you need to change your password." Which I already have done...

What I did to sign up in the newsletter is going to my account settings, went to notifications and opt in Playstation events, promos, newsletter to check the box. This was on PS4 menu when I did it.  

I have opted into the newsletter but it's a well known issue on the Playstation forums that some people do not receive emails from them no matter what they do.

I don't know about getting the HZD platinum, I'm not patient enough for the trials.

I only just recently opted into marketing e-mails after seeing like, everybody get a 20% off code, so I know I won't get one of these. I mean, even if I had already been subscribed, I'd still never get one. xD It would be nice to be able to go on a PSN shopping spree though since my wishlist is filling up with stuff that either doesn't really go on sale or stuff I have reservations about buying. (mostly PS3 stuff because I may not ever play them)

I'd like to get the emails just for the 20% off code. I've always been opted into the marketing emails, I don't ever recall ever getting anything other than receipts for my purchases. When I got the $10 code, it was in a message on my PS4.

Welp, I didn't get the $100 golden ticket, lol.

Makes me wonder how many they sent out overall. Even if they sent out 100, out of some... what, 110 million or so PSN accounts, the odds are astronomically small of winning. xD