HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

Carls Jr/Hardee's is introducing fictional character Carl Hardee Sr.

When I first heard about this today, I thought Carls Jr./Hardee's was essentially trying to make their own Colonel Sanders, and they kind of are, but... I'll let you see for yourselves...

I actually thought it was pretty funny ("Shut up, Jr!"), but it's pretty clear they're trying to get away from the sexy ads of yesteryear and present themselves with a squeaky clean new image.

With Carl Hardee Sr., I get the sense they're going more for a "Most Interesting Man In The World" vibe with him than Colonel Sanders. We'll see how long he ends up sticking around. In the meantime, the funniest part of the ad to me was the fact that Carl Jr. is this irresponsible misfit son who's a partier, haha.

What do you guys think of the ad? Is Carls Jr./Hardee's on the right path, or are they making a big mistake with this new direction? xD

But I like hot girls and boobs. :( I have never been to one of these places so I don't know what they are about but this looks good to me. They always say kids are our future but that's a lie each new generation seems to get dumber and dumber so it's up to the oldies to fix the problems the newbies have made.

While I must say the burgers did look good. I'm not sure if I agree with the dad method. I mean the son has a point and I do like Junior way of thinking haha.