HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

Gotham S3 Midseason Trailer - Heroes Rise

If you haven't been watching, Gotham has been pretty good this season. I'd probably say it's the best the show has been so far, with major appearances by the Mad Hatter, the return of Jerome (who may or may not become the Joker), the Court of Owls, and a surprising turn of events between Oswald/The Penguin and Ed Nygma/The Riddler.

Anyhow, the trailer for the rest of Season 3 dropped recently; take a look...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylvzMOPJNXk

Looking pretty good if you ask me. It appears they're going to close out the season by focusing mainly on the Court of Owls and a showdown between Bruce and his evil clone. Also, pretty cool that Bruce will finally get a mentor that teaches him how to fight (besides Alfred) and such.

ALSO ALSO, Hugo Strange is coming back! That's always cool. Less enthused about Fish Mooney (Jada Pinkett Smith). And was that clip of Selina laying on the floor an indication that she might've died but been brought back to life (one of nine lives), signifying her transformation into Catwoman? Should be interesting to see.

What do you guys think of the midseason trailer?

This looks good. I'm also excited for Hugo Strange return mainly because I think BD Wong is a great actor. I really like that music too. Do we know who would be Bruce new mentor?

Just to make sure I'm caught up. The last thing we saw was

Ngyma shooting penguin right?

I had forgotten about Gotham and wasn't sure when it would air again. Pretty stoked for this season then.

I also agree that I don't care for Fish Mooney. Her character can go. It is just very bland of a character for me and nothing that keeps me interested. I assume James Gordon dad is with the Court of Owls and I wonder how that will play out. But I think this whole heroes will rise thing is more about Bruce becoming batman or at least think of that.

This looks good. I'm also excited for Hugo Strange return mainly because I think BD Wong is a great actor. I really like that music too. Do we know who would be Bruce new mentor?

Just to make sure I'm caught up. The last thing we saw was

Ngyma shooting penguin right?

I think they've announced the character on websites and such but I don't remember who he is; not sure if he's an established character from the comics or someone brand new that was created for the show.

And yeah, that was the last we saw of Nygma and Penguin so far. Wonder how Oswald will make his comeback.

I think they've announced the character on websites and such but I don't remember who he is; not sure if he's an established character from the comics or someone brand new that was created for the show.

And yeah, that was the last we saw of Nygma and Penguin so far. Wonder how Oswald will make his comeback.

I'm pretty excited to see how Oswald will return. As always, he'll try to return as the champ. I really wonder how him coming back will affect Ngyma and their relationship. Will be have Oswald going after Ngyma or him trying to reconnect that friendship or what is left of it.

It feels like a season premier lol. It's been months since the last episode and pretty excited for it to return. I missed watching Gotham Monday nights aside from WWE Raw and Supergirl. 

When does this start again?

Last night (Monday, 4/24/17).

Great thing is it should air through the end of the season with new episodes each week and no breaks now!

Okay, I was hoping it would air last night so I can watch it on demand today xD

This week's episode was pretty crazy. Gotham is starting to get REAL good going into its endgame this season.

Cory Michael Smith killed it as Ed Nygma/The Riddler; crazy to think he started out as a real wimp/nerd at the beginning of the show's run!

Only thing I didn't like in the episode the part at the end where...

...it's revealed that Penguin is alive because Ivy fished him out of the water and had been nursing him back to health. It seemed obvious he would return, but that seemed way too convenient, plus it's way out of character for Ivy since it's been shown that she really doesn't care for anyone else except herself. It's possible she saved him to try and use him, but still.

Anyhow, next week's episode looks bonkers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWMOYjB6L2o

I think Bruce's mysterious mentor is the same guy who played Stick in Daredevil, but I'm not entirely sure. Sounds like him, though!

I just love Ngyma's character and he has done a great job playing that role.

Everyone think Gordon's uncle is lying to Gordon and he still really works for the Court? Yea, not really sure what Ivy deal is. Maybe we will see more of what she plans with Penguin. I felt like it was just another way for them to connect another future villian to a current villain. Maybe now Penguin will become her mentor in a way that Penguin was to Ngyma. I loved how Ngyma kept on seeing Penguin. It shows you that killing Penguin did hurt him a lot and I think it wasn't something he wanted to but of course he must for what Penguin did.