HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Venom

Playstation Plus games for May 2017

Sony has revealed next month's lineup of free games for PS Plus members, and, well, just have a look for yourself and decide if you're excited!

Full lineup:

• Tales from the Borderlands, PS4
  • Abzu, PS4
  • Blood Knights, PS3
  • Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants, PS3
  • Laser Disco Defenders, PS Vita (Cross Buy with PS4)
  • Type:Rider, PS Vita (Cross Buy on PS4)

So, from me, Tales from the Borderlands is hilarious and worth playing even if you know nothing about the Borderlands series, so that's a big plus for next month's selection. Of course it was also on sale for like $3 a while back so anyone interested probably already has it now. I know Abzu will be interesting to some people, so I'll leave my personal feelings on it aside. :P Blood Knights is an okay-ish hack 'n slash and I don't really know anything about the other games, so it doesn't seem like an amazing month but I guess it's not the worst month ever either. What do you all think?

I'm sure there are some decent games there, but I'm not really impressed. I'm not a fan of TellTale games, sure their stories are fine, but I'm over the point and click genre. Abzu was never on my radar but since it's free, I'll at least add it to my library. Blood Knights is likely something I will enjoy but probably never play, and I don't know anything about the others either.

It's... eh, a so-and-so month if you ask me.

Abzu is terrific for those that haven't played it (and who also like more thoughtful and Journey-ish games), but I already have it and Tales of the Borderlands (which is also supposed to be good I hear; I know, I know, I haven't played it yet...). Telltale games are kind of wasted on PS Plus if you ask me, because most everyone who cares about them will play them within a year (when the price drops to $10 during sales and such).

Not sure what Port Royale 3 is (I'll have to look into it) but the only thing that really piques my interest here is Laser Disco Defenders, so I may check that out at some point. I'm hoping for at least one big AAA title in the lineup next month.

My PS+ expires tomorrow so no reason to subscribe since I have 2 of the PS4 titles while rest not. I haven't played much lately so I can skip a month of PS+. I do recommend Tales. One of my favorite Telltale games outside of the usual Walking Dead. I'm not a fan of Borderlands, but this one got me hooked in with the story. I prefer to play Borderlands this way lol. There's a cute little robot you'll love in the game. Abzu is pretty short and I beat it under 2 hours. It's pretty much like Journey, but underwater. 

Also they should've included a Star Wars game for May to celebrate May the 4th be with you lol.

• Like 1

I'll be pretty happy with Tales from Borderland if I had PS+

Abzu and Tales from the Borderlands are great entries for PlayStation Plus but unfortunately I already have both.

Enjoy gang!