HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sailor Liztress

Steam Summer Sale 2017

It's that time of the year again! No, not when Aunt Sally decides to down a case of Red Bull and goes on a mass-Bingo binge. It's the Steam Summer Sale. This thread is to keep track of any purchases you have made and list any good deals you've spotted. 

So far, my wallet is safe. But that is mainly due to Steam being so laggy.

I have I think 4 things in my cart right now, but I'm waiting until tomorrow to buy anything because I'm assuming there will be a flash sale on PSN and I need to see how much I end up spending on there first. After that, I'll open my heart and wallet (not necessarily in that order) to Sir Gaben. xD I don't know why since I haven't been playing my Steam games at all lately (except for The Turing Test because I could finish it in like 4 hours) so I don't really need to add more, but...those discounts call to me.

Ooh, Venom just reminded me that I should get The Turing Test if it's on sale; I've been interested in that one for a while.

Aside from that, not sure I'll buy much unless it's under $5, ha. Although I guess I should keep an eye out on the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games if they drop to a pretty reasonable price. :P

Ooh, Venom just reminded me that I should get The Turing Test if it's on sale; I've been interested in that one for a while.

Aside from that, not sure I'll buy much unless it's under $5, ha. Although I guess I should keep an eye out on the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games if they drop to a pretty reasonable price. :P

The Turing Test is $8, which isn't bad (I got it in Humble Monthly so I can't really say what it's worth by itself) and the Ultimate Alliance games are 50% off each as well as the bundle being 50% off. The games are 60% off individually on PSN right now but the bundle isn't on sale so if you want both it's cheaper to go with Steam.

Anyway, I bought Xanadu Next, Bombshell, Her Majesty's SPIFFING, and Guilty Gear 2: Overture. I think that's it for me. Probably. Most likely. Almost definitely.

for now

These sales drive me crazy. I want them but I know I'll never play them. Multiplayer and VR are the only things I can get into so I grabbed a bunch of those.

My summer sale buys - VR games -> Tha Cabin, Dungeon Escape, House of the dying sun, Smashbox Arena and Omega Agent. Non-VR -> The Room, The Room 2, Adam Wolfe episode 1-4.

That's all for me I can't be spending a lot so I'll grab more at the next sale.

You know, one thing that irks me with this sale is how some of the main games have a nice discount but their DLC doesn't have one at all. I'm looking at you, Skyrim. I'm missing one or two of the DLCs for it and figured that since it's been out awhile, they would be at least 25% off.

I ended up getting Portal 2, Half-Life Collection, Deus Ex: GOTY, Deus Ex: Invisible War, Silent Age, Bird Story, System Shock Enhanced, Refunct, Stanley Parable, Her Story, Reus, and A Story About My Uncle. Mostly stuff from my wishlist. It's nice to have money to spend having a job. Prob won't play these until I get a new laptop or all in one desktop.

I gotta ask, I have the regular game, but there's all these upgrade packs on sale. Can I buy them, even though I already have the full game? I wouldn't mind getting a few for the RTC.

20 hours ago, Prom-Electric said:

I gotta ask, I have the regular game, but there's all these upgrade packs on sale. Can I buy them, even though I already have the full game? I wouldn't mind getting a few for the RTC.

I think you should be able to.

On 9/5/2019 at 8:53 AM, DarkCobra86 said:

I think you should be able to.

Pretty sure that's a bot you're responding to, DC. It's hard keeping up with all of the new ones that keep popping up here nowadays.

But on the flipside, it's cool that you're still keeping an eye on this place! How've you been? Feels like forever since we've last talked. xD