HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Jason Clement

Should Sony do a Playstation Classic/Mini? Would you buy it?

In light of Nintendo moving forward with the SNES Classic this Fall, the news has people speculating not only on future consoles that they might do this with (N64 Classic, Gamecube Classic) but also on whether Sony would benefit from doing something similar.

Case in point: A PlayStation Classic/Mini.

I can imagine people would be excited for it, and they probably wouldn't have too much of an issue storing everything on a 32GB drive, even if PlayStation games were much larger in size than SNES and N64 games.

Also, this would be a great solution for Sony to put out their best PS1 titles all in one place if they don't think it's worth bringing to PS4.

Unlike the SNES Classic, I could see Sony putting at least 25 of PlayStation's biggest hits on there; here's my predictions for what they'd be.

1. Ape Escape
  2. Crash Bandicoot
  3. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
  4. Crash Bandicoot: Warped
  5. Final Fantasy VII
  6. Gran Turismo 2
  7. Grand Theft Auto 2
  8. Jumping Flash
  9. Legend of Dragoon
  10. Medi-Evil
  11. Metal Gear Solid
  12. Oddworld
  13. Parasite Eve
  14. Parappa The Rapper
  15. Rayman
  16. Resident Evil
  17. Resident Evil 2
  18. Silent Hill
  19. Spyro The Dragon
  20. Tekken 3
  21. Tomb Raider
  22. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
  23. Twisted Metal 4
  24. Wild Arms
  25. WipEout

Anyhow, what do you guys think? Is a PlayStation Classic/Mini possible? Would you buy one if it were real? And what games would you put in its lineup?

I would do my very best to buy it. They need to make this for all consoles. I guess with X1 having BC they don't need to do that. But make it for PS2 as well. Then we need gamecube, etc. These are a gamer dream come true.

I'd probably buy one even though most worthwhile PS1 games are available on PSN or have been remade. To that end, it needs to have Einhander and Ehrgeiz on it since neither of those are available digitally. Get on that, Squenix.

yeah right they couldn't even be arsed to put ActRaiser on the SNES Mini

I'd definitely get one if they do trophy support like they do on PS4. Gotta have some incentives other than just playing it since they're available digitally or just play original on original console. 

It would likely lose money for Sony; I think Nintendo owns most of the games making ti onto the classics

I would totally buy one, especially if it had MediEvil and MediEvil 2!

I'd rather them do some sort of classic pack on PS4 and add trophy support and or online leader boards where applicable. It'd be really neat to revisit a lot of these games, especially with how well retro gaming seems to be doing as of late! Though, I really doubt I'd be interested in buying another small box to hook up to my TV as it is now. 

• Like 1