HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Jason Clement

Anyone play Crash N-Sane Trilogy yet?

So the Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy has been out for a week or so now -- have any of you played it yet? If so, what do you think of it?

I definitely want to get it, but I have so much that I need to play at the moment that I'm holding off on buying it until later in the year probably. That way I can also get it cheaper, maybe around Black Friday even?

Still, I'm interested to hear what you think of it and whether it holds up. I've heard more good than bad, but I've heard stories from both camps where certain people couldn't remember why they even liked the games in the first place, and then others where they said it was one of the best games of the year.

So let's hear it! Have you bought the game yet? If so, what do you think of it? If not, do you plan to?

I've never played the originals on PS1 and only played Warped that time. I got the game Friday and it's definitely a tough challenging game. I beat the first game and it gave me a lot of rage and anger. Some of the levels were tough and most of my game overs/death have been on wonky jumps/landings and thinking you hit the enemy from behind, but somehow you freaking die from that lol. I enjoy the challenge, but man I'v never cursed so much playing a game. I finally beat that thankfully and started the second one. So far the second one is a bit easier and I die less, but still got that angry/rage thing from stupid deaths lol.

If you do get it Jason just be prepared for Dark Souls anger.

CB was my first game on PSX, so naturally I needed this.  Still holds up great IMO

I've played all of them to some extent on PS1 (Crash 3 is the only one I ever finished) so naturally I pre-ordered this to be able to play them on a current system and to be able to play Crash 1 with a normal save system instead of the crap system it had on PS1, which is part of why I never finished it. The games still hold up even if they do feel a little...constricted compared to any modern 3D platformer, though as mentioned the jumping and collision detection is a bit wonky in the remake which can cause some cheap deaths. It's not bad  enough to say that the remakes are inferior though.

Didn't know this was released. I never played the original back then and feel like I definitely need to take advantage of this trilogy. I heard it was great series growing up.

I've mostly just watched people playing it rather than actually getting it myself. I mean, I remember playing Crash when I was younger, but since I never owned a PS1, I have very little memories or just don't have nearly enough nostalgia to go googly eyed over it. It's neat, but I'll definitely be waiting for some sort of sale or huge price drop before picking it for myself!