HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Royzoga

Kinda back? Sure, let's go with that!

Of course, a few of you have seen over the past couple days I've been updating my profile and trying to post more on here, but I figured I'd officially say hello once more. It's been, phew, man, like at least 2 years I feel like at this point. In terms of my life, I'm no longer working retail at a video game store and nor do I have the same amount of time of freedom as I did in the past. I have since upgraded to IT support and work of that nature, much to my luck and happiness. That being said, I'll still be trying my best to talk and chat more around here while I have the time! Good thing about working in IT is that I'm almost always on a computer and / or within Wi-Fi to access the internet and the like. In case anyone is interested, I've recently taken up more to streaming and am trying really hard at it too! Check out my streams or Twitter whenever you get the chance and let's have fun!

Yoooo, welcome back, man. Glad to hear things are going well for you in the IT world; I imagine you'll be moving into a managerial position soon if you're not there yet (usually seems to happen with five years due to turnover and other people getting promoted). Good to hear you got out of games retail too; not that I'm looking down on it or anything. It's okay for a first job, but there's literally nowhere to go (as far as promotion) unless you own the store, and typically game stores have a very low salary ceiling, even for GameStop managers...

You should convince Ludo to come down from his ivory tower and mingle with us peasants as well, haha. Nah, I'm kidding; I know he's been a busy boy, gallivanting over Europe and whatnot. I think he said he literally hasn't played a game in forever (except CS:GO and Overwatch, maybe). But yeah, adulting is tough; there's room for little else once you start working.

Hah, Ludo and I barely even talk anymore as sad as that is. The time zone differences really mess with us keeping up with each other. That and I don't think he games much anymore. If he does it's just CS:GO like you're saying, so yee. And uh, yeah, definitely not gonna be a manager any time soon. I'm working in schools doing IT support, which is apparently a retirement position, dunno! I'm pretty happy with how things are with that so I doubt I'll be rocking that boat much anytime soon. 

• Like 1

Welcome back man. It's good to see a familiar face around again. Glad you are getting to do what you like and can still enjoy life at the same time. You still try to play some SF? I saw a little of the Evo battles and i immediately thought of you.

For the most part, I'm done with Street Fighter at the moment. I invest a lot of money right at the beginning of the game's life, time, and effort and it just has not turned out the way I wanted it to or even in a way I can enjoy playing. Not to mention the fight stick I spent over $350 dollars on and customizing is the first in my robust collection of such to break on me with a little over a years worth of use. I still enjoy fighting games, but it's hard for me to get the drive for them anymore, sadly. For now though, I'm mostly focusing on getting my streaming up and going which has been pretty successful thus far!

For the most part, I'm done with Street Fighter at the moment. I invest a lot of money right at the beginning of the game's life, time, and effort and it just has not turned out the way I wanted it to or even in a way I can enjoy playing. Not to mention the fight stick I spent over $350 dollars on and customizing is the first in my robust collection of such to break on me with a little over a years worth of use. I still enjoy fighting games, but it's hard for me to get the drive for them anymore, sadly. For now though, I'm mostly focusing on getting my streaming up and going which has been pretty successful thus far!

Wow sucks to hear that. I hope your stream will go well and you'll get tons of viewers and donation. That would be awesome. I used to stream a little bit when I was playing Diablo 3 with my crew. The good old days.

Wow sucks to hear that. I hope your stream will go well and you'll get tons of viewers and donation. That would be awesome. I used to stream a little bit when I was playing Diablo 3 with my crew. The good old days.

It's hard! I haven't had too many viewers just yet, but I've made a consistent schedule and gotten some good streaming equipment to stream with so the quality, for the most part, has been steadily improving since when I first started. Though, I'm definitely starting to reach so confusion and well-- I'm not sure what to do to consistently increase viewers or get people to come in! Any tips or just stopping by a live stream and chatting would be most appreciated. 

It's hard! I haven't had too many viewers just yet, but I've made a consistent schedule and gotten some good streaming equipment to stream with so the quality, for the most part, has been steadily improving since when I first started. Though, I'm definitely starting to reach so confusion and well-- I'm not sure what to do to consistently increase viewers or get people to come in! Any tips or just stopping by a live stream and chatting would be most appreciated. 

I think a lot of them probably has some kind of forum where they can post a link to their stream. Or at least talk about streaming in that specific gaming forum so other would be like "Oh yea, good good streamer out there for this game that I can go and watch?" Like I visit FFBE forum and they would mention some streamer name since they are major whale for the game and people watch them a lot. Also, most game like Diablo 3 will have a chat where you can just post your stream and tell people to go watch. Some will definitely drop by. Or like if you are in a guild or clan for that game you can definitely post that to get members to drop by and show some support. Yea I will definitely drop by if I ever have free time.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2017 at 8:33 AM, Jason Clement said:

You should convince Ludo to come down from his ivory tower and mingle with us peasants as well, haha. Nah, I'm kidding; I know he's been a busy boy, gallivanting over Europe and whatnot. I think he said he literally hasn't played a game in forever (except CS:GO and Overwatch, maybe). But yeah, adulting is tough; there's room for little else once you start working.

Looks like I've not yet been forgotten.

Not so much an Ivory Tower as a shared apartment in Madrid, but hey I'm not unapproachable. I generally stick to Resetera and reddit, you can find me there, I'm fairly active there. Resetera is also a decent place after the whole GAF incident...

Actually finished Rise of the Tomb Raider and Wolfenstein: The New Order in the past two weeks. But generally I still just play (and watch CS:GO). Never got into Overwatch, it's also quite terrible as a spectator eSport. I only have my gaming PC with me these days, but it's pretty capable so I could play other things should I want to...

On 7/19/2017 at 5:45 PM, Royzoga said:

Hah, Ludo and I barely even talk anymore as sad as that is. The time zone differences really mess with us keeping up with each other. That and I don't think he games much anymore. If he does it's just CS:GO like you're saying, so yee. And uh, yeah, definitely not gonna be a manager any time soon. I'm working in schools doing IT support, which is apparently a retirement position, dunno! I'm pretty happy with how things are with that so I doubt I'll be rocking that boat much anytime soon. 

Pssh, stop pretending we don't send each other steamy messages every other night on Messenger. ;)

1 hour ago, Ludono said:

Not so much an Ivory Tower as a shared apartment in Madrid, but hey I'm not unapproachable. I generally stick to Resetera and reddit, you can find me there, I'm fairly active there. Resetera is also a decent place after the whole GAF incident..

Yeah, it's been crazy to watch Resetera overtake GAF this last month or so. Good on them for putting their feet down on trolls and generally bad people/discussion.

1 minute ago, Jason Clement said:

Yeah, it's been crazy to watch Resetera overtake GAF this last month or so. Good on them for putting their feet down on trolls and generally bad people/discussion.

Eh, it's more a matter of all the users that matter moving from GAF to Reset. Activity on GAF is at an all time low and generally Reset is only "established" users for the time being. evilore's handling of the whole matter didn't help either. Just as GAF emerged from the old Gaming Age site, reset is the next evolution. 

20 hours ago, Ludono said:

Actually finished Rise of the Tomb Raider and Wolfenstein: The New Order in the past two weeks. But generally I still just play (and watch CS:GO). Never got into Overwatch, it's also quite terrible as a spectator eSport. I only have my gaming PC with me these days, but it's pretty capable so I could play other things should I want to...

Well that's good, I guess! I haven't played much Overwatch since the major changes to Mercy a season or so back, but with my new streaming schedule it's hard to play games that aren't really let's plays and the like. Not to mention the newer games are a little hard for me to play too on stream since the newer games always get streamed by the super popular streamers. Either way, gaming, fun, good times, vidgya gaems. 

20 hours ago, Ludono said:

Pssh, stop pretending we don't send each other steamy messages every other night on Messenger. ;)

You can't just say things like that around here, people are gonna get the wrong ideas! Or something like that, you know how the crowd around here is! 

• Sad 1