HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Jason Clement

Watchu Buyin' August 2017 Edition

This might be one of the busiest Augusts in terms of game releases ever.

I'd be surprised if any of you weren't buying anything this month (unless it's because of financial/economic reasons)!

Anyhoo, here's what's on the deck for this month-

Aug 2

Tacoma (XBO, PC)

Aug 8

Batman: The Enemy Within (PS4, XBO, PC)
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (PS4, PC)
Lawbreakers (PS4, PC)
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 (PS4, XBO, PC)

Aug 14

StarCraft Remastered (PC)

Aug 15

Agents of Mayhem (PS4, XBO, PC)
Matterfall (PS4)
Nidhogg 2 (PC, PS4)
Sonic Mania (PS4, XBO, Switch, PC)
Undertale (PS4, Vita)

Aug 22

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4)

Aug 29

Absolver (PC, PS4)
Everybody's Golf (PS4)
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (Switch)
Warriors All-Stars (PC, PS4)
Yakuza Kiwami (PS4)
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (PC, PS4, XBO)
Life is Strange: Before the Storm (Episode 1) (PS4, PC)

What I'm getting

I already picked up Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 on PS4, but the only other games I plan on getting this month are Sonic Mania and Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle since I've already got a lot on my plate to play. Hoping to finish FFXII:TZA before Mario + Rabbids, but we'll see. Oh, and I definitely plan on playing the new Telltale Batman season if I can help it.

Would pick up Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, but I still need to play through the other games, so maybe that'll be a Black Friday or later purchase for me.

What about you? WATCHU' BUYING THIS MONTH?

I am so getting the new XCOM 2 DLC and continuing my 344 hours. The list of games I want to get is  Life is Strange: Before the Storm, Agents of Mayhem, Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Batman: The Enemy Within, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy and whatever cool VR games come out.

I already got Hellblade and Mega Man Legacy Collection 2, and I have Sonic Mania and Agents of Mayhem pre-ordered. I'm also definitely buying Mario x Rabbids. That's...probably it? I do want to play Matterfall but I know I'll never get around to it with two other major games coming out the same day so I'll probably just wait. I also want the new Telltale Batman but I'm gonna wait until at least 3 episodes are out, if not all of them. Warriors All-Stars is also right up my alley but I always wait for Musou games to be cheap, unless they're Hyrule Warriors. (and the exception will probably extend to Fire Emblem Warriors simply because I know it'll never go on sale, ever)

None of these. Just waiting for destiny 2 to arrive. Then it will take away a lot of my time :(

I do want to play Matterfall but I know I'll never get around to it with two other major games coming out the same day so I'll probably just wait.

Matterfall really strikes me as a game that will be on PS Plus within a year. If I'm not mistaken, pretty much every Housemarque game has eventually become a PS Plus game, so I don't mind waiting for it. :P

None of these. Just waiting for destiny 2 to arrive. Then it will take away a lot of my time :(

Same here. 

Same here. 

I played the beta and it looks nice. Just have to get used to different weapon being heavy weapons now. I went ahead and pre-order the season pass as well as the base game.

I already bought Hellblade, Lawbreakers, and Uncharted Lost Legacy. I'm probably getting Matterfall because I like to support Housemarque, and the game looks great. I just purchased the first Life is Strange, and I'm hoping to play through it but even if I really like it (I'm sure I will) I'll likely wait until all of the new episodes are out before buying the sequel.

I've had so little time to play anything lately, but I'm going to work on Hellblade and a couple VR games I bought, and hope I can finish a few before Destiny 2 sucks up all of my play time.

I too have Sonic Mania preordered. I'll be getting the collector's edition for Switch. Besides that, even though I hate Rabbids, Kingdom Battle actually looks good, so I might pick that up. Maybe StarCraft Remastered, now that you let me know it's coming, haha.

Hoo boy I spent a lot this month. I ended up getting the Adult Swim starter pack from digital sale, Hellblade, Batman Kotobukiya figures, Blood Blockade Battlefront anime, Preordered all on PS4 ; Sonic Mania CE, RE Revelations, Uncharted Lost Legacy, Yakuza Kiwami (gonna be my first Yakuza game), HZD DLC, and LiS Before the Storm. Exciting purchases!

I kinda wanna get Star Craft Remastered as I never played it back in the day so it's an entire facet of Blizzard worlds and lore that I don't know and understand. Sadly, the majority of friends that I think would play it with me are already playing Sonic Mania, so they wouldn't have time. I kinda want Uncharted Lost Legacy, but I dunno about a day 1 purchase, especially since I don't think it'd be a terribly good game to stream. The Warriors All-stars game and Yakuza interest me, but I don't think enough to shell out the $60 or however much they. For now, I'ma gonna bide my time for uh...I guess just CoD WWII and whatever else floats my boat. Maybe throw in a JRPG or two here and there to stream too.

I've been holding back on impulse game purchases for this month purely because of moving stuff. But I still plan to get Mario + Rabbids at launch and buy Hellblade too... eventually (probably the 1st PSN sale it has). The internet is making me tempted to pick up Sonic Mania, but as someone who doesn't find Sonic 1-3 amazing I have a feeling I already know my opinion of it. Next month is gonna hurt my gaming wallet though....

Yakuza interest me, but I don't think enough to shell out the $60 or however much they.

(Yakuza Kiwami is $30.)

I played the beta and it looks nice. Just have to get used to different weapon being heavy weapons now. I went ahead and pre-order the season pass as well as the base game.

Yeah, I had to get used to it too. We pre-ordered the $99 edition with the season pass and depending on how well it goes in the house, might buy a second copy so the kids can play with me or my husband. That was something we liked about the first one.

(Yakuza Kiwami is $30.)

Oh, well that certainly makes that decision a lot easier. Maybe I will pick it up then. I've never actually played a Yakuza game, but I wonder how they'd make for a stream game, hmm...

Yeah, I had to get used to it too. We pre-ordered the $99 edition with the season pass and depending on how well it goes in the house, might buy a second copy so the kids can play with me or my husband. That was something we liked about the first one.

I got the $89 edition. I hope my team will continue to play at least up to the season pass lol. I didn't think getting the legendary sword and cabal emblem was worth an extra $10. If it was Raze Lighter then I would have totally given them the extra $10.