HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Jason Clement

Watchu Buyin' September 2017 Edition

Alright folks, the Fall gaming deluge is upon us. Though August was a busier month than normal (for an August), September looks to be opening the floodgates for great games.

Here's a look at the biggest games out this month.

Sept 5

Knack 2 (PS4)

Sept 6

Destiny 2 (PS4, XB1)

Sept 8

Monster Hunter Stories (3DS)

Sept 12

Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 (PC, PS4, XB1)

Ys: Lacrimosa of Dana (PS4, PS Vita)

Sept 14

Divinity: Original Sin II (PC)

Sept 15

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (PC, PS4, XB1)

Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS)

NBA Live 18 (PS4, XB1)

NHL 18 (PS4, XB1)

Sept 19

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite (PC, PS4, XB1)

NBA 2K18 (PC, PS4, XB1, Switch)

Sept 21

Steamworld Dig 2 (Switch, PC) *PS4 and Vita versions on 26th

Sept 22

The LEGO Ninjago Movie Videogame (PC, PS4, XB1, Switch)

Pokken Tournament DX (Switch)

Project Cars 2 (PC, PS4, XB1)

Sept 26

Blue Reflection (PS4, PC)

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony (PS4, PS Vita, PC)

FIFA 18 (PC, PS4, XB1, Switch)

Ruiner (PC, PS4, XB1)

Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (PS4)

Total War: Warhammer 2 (PC)

Sept 29

Cuphead (XB1, PC)

Gundam Versus (PS4)

Yokai Watch 2: Psychic Specters (3DS)

What I'm Buyin'

Despite that massive list, the only two games I'm looking forward to digging into are Metroid: Samus Returns and Steamworld Dig 2 (aside from what I'm already playing from August). There's a few that I'm curious about (like MvC Infinite), but purchases on those can wait, especially since Black Friday is getting closer and closer.

Not sure what the pricing is on Cuphead as well, but I may wait on that one. We'll see.

WHAT ARE YOU BUYIN' THIS MONTH?

• Like 1

I wasn't originally going to be picking up much, but now I've gone back on my word and made about a straight month of purchases! 

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite to try out with friends!

Danganronpa V3 

Then next month is The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein II, of course. Bethseda cleaning house! 

I guess I'm buying EVERYTHING. I bought Knack 2, Destiny 2, Metroid: Samus Returns, Drive Girls, and pre-purchased Cuphead. I'm probably still yet going to buy Ys VIII, Pokken Tourney DX, and Peach Beach Splash before the end of the month, so, yeah, ALL THE THINGS. I also want Golf Story, but they didn't say what day it's coming out.

Despite my reservations about the roster (namely, that it's almost exactly the same as UMvC3) I'll probably end up cracking and getting MvC Infinite, but maybe not this month. I also definitely wanna try Gundam Versus but that can probably wait too.

8 minutes ago, Venom said:

I guess I'm buying EVERYTHING. I bought Knack 2, Destiny 2, Metroid: Samus Returns, Drive Girls, and pre-purchased Cuphead. I'm probably still yet going to buy Ys VIII, Pokken Tourney DX, and Peach Beach Splash before the end of the month, so, yeah, ALL THE THINGS. I also want Golf Story, but they didn't say what day it's coming out.

Despite my reservations about the roster (namely, that it's almost exactly the same as UMvC3) I'll probably end up cracking and getting MvC Infinite, but maybe not this month. I also definitely wanna try Gundam Versus but that can probably wait too.

I actually forgot about Cuphead, I totally wanted to try that out, but I'll probably wait till it gets a small price reduction or be on a Steam sale of sorts. Golf Story looked really neat, but yeah, same deal. I totally forgot about Gundam Versus in all honesty, even though the Beta just ended a few weeks ago, if not just the other week. I feel like I should totally watch more Gundam aside from just G Gundam to appreciate that game more. Guess that game will be on the back burner for a while, sadly.

Well I had Destiny 2 preordered so I already bought that and is still playing it. Nothing else I want at the moment.

Well, my copy of Metroid: Samus Returns came in, so there's that. I also plan on picking up SteamWorld Dig 2 and Pokken Tournament (didn't play the original). I'm also really interested in Golf Story for some reason. I'm not even that into golf, but this particular game intrigues me. Not entirely sure yet on Cuphead. I love the art direction, but the game looks a bit repetitive. I might wait for reviews.

Oh, and yes, I too need to get A Hat in Time.

I actually decided to give Marvel vs Capcom Infinite a try in hopes that I end up enjoying it a lot more than Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, so here's hoping that's the case! Though, phew, so many fighting games and not nearly enough time to play them anymore with the stuff I stream.

• Sad 1

Pretty much at that point in the year where I'm locked down regarding gaming purchases until Black Friday

4 hours ago, Royzoga said:

I actually decided to give Marvel vs Capcom Infinite a try in hopes that I end up enjoying it a lot more than Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, so here's hoping that's the case! Though, phew, so many fighting games and not nearly enough time to play them anymore with the stuff I stream.

Roy's our boy! I've been hoping someone would try out Infinite so we could get an idea of where it stands, quality-wise. xD

4 hours ago, Jason Clement said:

Roy's our boy! I've been hoping someone would try out Infinite so we could get an idea of where it stands, quality-wise. xD

I mean, I'll probably play it for trials, try and learn the meta, not enjoy it due to lack of interest in the roster, then go back to my extensive list of stream games. Next week is Danganronpa V3 after all! 

I got Knack 2 and Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. I didn't realize Cuphead is finally here! Anybody know if there's a special discount prepurchase anywhere? I got some Microsoft credit/points and definitely would like to get it now.

3 hours ago, TKtheknight said:

I got Knack 2 and Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. I didn't realize Cuphead is finally here! Anybody know if there's a special discount prepurchase anywhere? I got some Microsoft credit/points and definitely would like to get it now.

So far the only deal I've seen on Cuphead for XBO is from Newegg for $17.99. 'Course you won't be able to use MS points on it, but it's barely cheaper anyway. :P