HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
iwx Leprechaun

MoviePass Week 1 Impressions

So I signed up for MoviePass back in August when they announced their $10 unlimited movie plan.  Unlike many others calling for the head of the CEO for not having their cards yet, I patiently waited and sure enough it showed up.

Hadn't seen Spiderman: Homecoming yet and saw that it was still playing in a local theater, so i grabbed my phone and headed to the theater.  In order to load money onto your MoviePass debit card, you need to check in to the theater with the movie and showtime.  This was simple and painless.  Being that it was the first time I used my card it asked for my last 4 digits on it to verify and activate; punched them in and 15 seconds later I was good to go.  Up on my screen popped "You have reserved Spiderman: Homecoming 6:00PM. You have 30 minutes to check in."  In addition to that, there are buttons where you could cancel or change the  reservation as well.  I walked up to the counter and told them the movie, $13.00 pops up on the screen and I hand them my card.  I hold my breath as I wait, convinced its going to mess up. PAID. What Whaaaaaaaaat!  Walked in and watched a movie in a theater to myself.

Yesterday I get off work early and will be passing the same theater, figure might as well check the showtimes.  Hey American Assassin in 15 minutes!  Same process, same result, another "free" movie.  Today, might just go see Mother with my wife.  The service is legitimate, and as of right now I'm EXTREMELY pleased.  That's not to say there aren't a few caveats.  1 movie a day, and you can only see a movie once, can't just go insane and watch the Emoji Movie every day for a month.  Also, it appears there are quotas that can pop up, I've only heard about it happening once when IT released.  So checking your app before you leave is definitely helpful.  They do offer E-Tickets, but few theaters support the program, so having a nearby theater really works best.

Overall, I'm not sure how long they can sustain this program on this price, but in the meantime I'M FREAKING SEEING EVERYTHING!

• Like 1

One movie a day is a lot of movie. I'm okay with just seeing the movie once. Mainly because if you really enjoyed the movie you can always buy it when it is released. The only problem is there won't be enough movies to watch in the theater if you go every day. Great deal for people who have time to go to the movies.

Wait so for 10 bucks a month you can see as many movies just one a day? So like I can see 30 movies in 30 days? If that is how it works then sign me up! I'm interested now. Is there a sign up link anywhere or is it just on mobile? I can watch movies on my days off from work for sure!

On 9/22/2017 at 4:18 PM, TKtheknight said:

Wait so for 10 bucks a month you can see as many movies just one a day? So like I can see 30 movies in 30 days? If that is how it works then sign me up! I'm interested now. Is there a sign up link anywhere or is it just on mobile? I can watch movies on my days off from work for sure!

You can sign up at their website, moviepass.com or on their app I think.  If you go to the website, you can see the theaters near you.

I love the service, my wife just got her card in the mail so i can finally see the things like The Kingsman, she's had me waiting for.

But I've used it to see movies that like Chasing the Dragon (a Donnie Yen film in Mandarin) that I never would have thought to go see, and that movie was great.