HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Jason Clement

PS Plus October 2017 Games: Metal Gear Solid V??

PlayStation Plus games for October 2017 were finally announced today and...

...Metal Gear Solid V is part of the lineup!

Here's the full list below:

• Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4)
  • Amnesia Collection (includes Dark Descent and A Machine for Pigs) (PS4)
  • Monster Jam: Battlegrounds (PS3)
  • Hustle Kings (PS3)
  • Hue (PS Vita, crossbuy with PS4)
  • Sky Force Anniversary (PS Vita, crossbuy with PS3 and PS4)

So here are my thoughts-

MGS V is cool and a good get, but I wonder how many people really haven't played it at this point. Amnesia Collection is also another impressive get, but the rest of those games don't really strike my fancy (other than Hue, which I already have). Also, I could swear we got Hue at one point on PS Plus already?

What do you guys make of this October's selection?

Actually pretty great, but it's a little odd for me to see MGSV in October. Like, Amnesia is pretty darn cool, fits in well with like a horror theme, but I dunno. I feel like maybe a Resident Evil game, heck, even the Evil Within would have been a perfect way to get people prepped for the second one coming out in just over two weeks now! Seems like a missed opportunity. 

7 hours ago, Royzoga said:

Actually pretty great, but it's a little odd for me to see MGSV in October. Like, Amnesia is pretty darn cool, fits in well with like a horror theme, but I dunno. I feel like maybe a Resident Evil game, heck, even the Evil Within would have been a perfect way to get people prepped for the second one coming out in just over two weeks now! Seems like a missed opportunity. 

METAL GEAR SOLID V IS A GAME ABOUT BECOMING A DEMON. SO IT'S A PERFECT FIT FOR OCTOBER! (No, but seriously. There are so many obvious horror game choices you could pick for October. MGSV isn't really one of them unless you play just the intro removed from any other context, I guess.)

Other than that, I dunno. I'd probably be curious enough to mess with Machine for Pigs but I am letting my sub lapse for a bit and have already played MGSV.

I totally love it! I still haven't played Phantom Pain on PS4 yet so it's a good thing I haven't bought the Definitive Experience. Sad I missed out on Ground Zeroes being free years ago, but then again I didn't have a job and money for PS+ at the time. Excited for Amnesia as well since it fits the horror month. Wish there was more horror titles like Roy said about Evil Within. Would've been a great buildup for the release of the second game. I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a horror themed sale sometime in October to make up for no horror games on PS+. 

15 hours ago, barrel said:

Other than that, I dunno. I'd probably be curious enough to mess with Machine for Pigs but I am letting my sub lapse for a bit and have already played MGSV.

I think, and it might just be me, but it's a little late for Amnesia. Those games were popular like, 3-4 years ago. Even Outlast has been kind of going down hill again, sadly after the release of the second one. I feel like they just could have done better with it for something like horror month is all.

I haven't played MGS V. Wow holy wow I would love this month if I had a PS4.

MGSV is a good freebie, but yeah, pretty sure most everyone has played it already. I'm sure the Amnesia games are cool and all, but I could never convince myself to play a game where you had to run away from every enemy instead of just shooting them right in their dumb faces so I haven't tried them. Pretty sure I have both of them on Steam already anyway. I don't care about the PS3 games, Hue looks decent enough but I have it on Steam already, and I already have Sky Force. So overall...don't care. Not that I ever really care about the Plus freebies, but just especially not this month. xD

The Evil Within probably would have made sense but I just bought it a month or two ago so I'm kinda glad it wasn't free. :P