HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Jason Clement

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer #2 is here!

Yoooo!

Here it is, the second trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi!

MUCH BETTER than the first one, imo, but I guess that's to be expected.

Although, many of you will probably notice there's quite a few scenes shown that resemble The Empire Strikes Back (the walkers, the whole darker arc about Rey being tempted by the dark side), which is a little worrisome given that The Force Awakens was a lot like A New Hope (structure-wise).

What did you guys think of the new trailer?

Well The force awakens was a trashy movie so this trailer at least looks like it will be better but trailers can lie. I'm still not sold on Kylo he was a very weak character so he will need to do a lot to even dream of walking in Vaders shadow. It will be fun to see Luke again so we have that at least.

Not sure what to think of this. Is kylo going to the good side in the end? Or is Ren going to the evil side? And what kind of power did luke see back then that scared him? Was he talking about Kylo? I don't know. I'm confused haha. But I can't wait for the movie. And I am assuming Kylo shoots down Lelia.

Everyone talks about not liking Kylo Ren as a villain, but I like him just fine. I think one of the biggest sell points for the new Star Wars trilogy was it's ability to bring in a whole new generation of fans while still respecting existing canon by paying homage to the lovable cast and setting. Kylo, while not as strong as any other villain we've had, is also by far the youngest and most distraught by far. Sure, in Episode II and Episode III we watch Anikan struggle with the visions of his beloved's death and ultimately fall to the Dark Side, but Kylo isn't as simple, simply feeling lost in a world that has no Jedi and moved past an age of both the Sith and the Empire. I love seeing trailers like this that remind us that the hero and villain are essentially cut from the same cloth,  the temptation, the idea that both of them could have ended up exactly where the other one is standing right now. In all honesty, this trailer got me a lot more hyped up than any of the other ones without giving too much away, I feel. Though I will say, I'm not looking forward to yet another mascot character for comic relief as I felt the newest droid addition did more than a fine enough job. 

23 hours ago, Royzoga said:

Everyone talks about not liking Kylo Ren as a villain, but I like him just fine. I think one of the biggest sell points for the new Star Wars trilogy was it's ability to bring in a whole new generation of fans while still respecting existing canon by paying homage to the lovable cast and setting. Kylo, while not as strong as any other villain we've had, is also by far the youngest and most distraught by far. Sure, in Episode II and Episode III we watch Anikan struggle with the visions of his beloved's death and ultimately fall to the Dark Side, but Kylo isn't as simple, simply feeling lost in a world that has no Jedi and moved past an age of both the Sith and the Empire. I love seeing trailers like this that remind us that the hero and villain are essentially cut from the same cloth,  the temptation, the idea that both of them could have ended up exactly where the other one is standing right now. In all honesty, this trailer got me a lot more hyped up than any of the other ones without giving too much away, I feel. Though I will say, I'm not looking forward to yet another mascot character for comic relief as I felt the newest droid addition did more than a fine enough job. 

I don't know, I don't particularly hate Kylo Ren but I am not exactly a fan of his. He is clear from episode 7 that he is struggling to want to live up to Vader or in a sense become what Vader was and even more. But that is a big shoe to fill and maybe the weight of that is also putting him and his potential down.