HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Laddie13

Campaign to bring back MediEvil

As some of you know, I’m a big fan of the MediEvil PlayStation games, and have been hoping for a third game in the series. I have lost hope the past few years, especially when Sony closed down Cambridge Guerrilla studios, but there’s a campaign started recently by fans like myself to let Sony know some of us out here would love the first two games remastered, or a new chapter in the saga, or both. It’s gaining some momentum, and I thought I’d share it here. 

Here’s the info from the Discord channel:

Welcome! This Discord is to organize the brand new Save MediEvil campaign. Our goal is simple - to capture the attention of Sony Interactive Entertainment and let them know that the demand is there for a brand new MediEvil game in 2017. The easiest way for us to do this is to get a hashtag trending on Twitter.

This is no small undertaking - we'll need to get around 500 unique tweets within the first hour of launching the campaign for it to trend - but with determination and the right promotion, we have a real shot at making it happen.

Our chosen hashtags are **#ResurrectFortesque** and **#SaveMediEvil**.

We will launch on October 30th.

And, here’s the link to the petition to get MediEvil and MediEvil 2 remastered for PS4.

https://www.change.org/p/sony-remaster-medievil-and-medievil-ii-for-the-playstation-4

Wow, pretty cool that fans are trying to make a concerted effort to do this!

Is there a count right now for how many supporters the Discord channel has?

There’s about 100 users on the Discord, the twitter is nearing 300, and 224 have signed the petition. That’s all within a few days of starting the campaign, which is not a lot yet, but perhaps it will at least get Sony to release MediEvil 2 as a PS classic if nothing else. 

I signed the petition, for whatever good it will do. Sony is weirdly all over the place when it comes to listening to their fans. o_o

I got lucky enough to fall in love with the original game purely because someone gave it to me, otherwise I might never have known how awesome it was. I've never even played the sequel though so having both games remastered would be awesome. I had hoped Sir Dan's inclusion in Playstation All-Stars would go somewhere, but maybe the success of the Crash Bandicoot remasters could be the real kick in the pants Sony needs to reach into the back catalog for some more fan favorites to remaster.