HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Jason Clement

It's 2018! Time for a new State of the Podunk Address

Greetings, and welcome to 2018!

If you’ve been wondering what’s going on GP, wonder no more.

I’m still here, and so all is well. Ha. xD

Yo, it's been quiet as of late. What's up with that?

No really, though, if you’re wondering why it’s been a little quieter as of late (GOTY posts aside), it’s because I’m virtually running things mostly by myself these days and I've been struggling with keeping up with things here and work, though I still receive much-appreciated assistance on the editorial side from various people who are super gracious with their time and still contribute here and there.

On that note, @barrel is still here for now and I believe you’ll continue to see reviews from him for the time being. Justin (aka @Hailinel) still contributes on occasion (you’ll likely see him continue to cover some of Koei Tecmo’s games), as does @Harrison Lee and @Jordan Haygood. And, fingers crossed, hopefully you’ll see a little bit of @Jonathan Higgins in some form, whether it be a review, something of his own, or excerpts for a group piece.

Aside from that, I know it’s been quiet on the community front, and I’m hoping to change that around.

We still have… no official staff per se that keep regular tabs on the forum. The main reason for this is because the old mods eventually left due to their increasingly busy life (or changes in interest) and we just haven't been able to recruit new ones, and while we technically do have some that are mods, they also have to keep up with a busy schedule with work and whatnot.

I try to keep up here and there, but with no regular mods who check in, it’s been tough to keep things going.

I’m trying to decide how to move forward with building the forum back up.

Plans for 2018

My biggest priority is to help restore the activity on the forum to where we're seeing multiple people post each day.

Obviously, a big way would be to bring back giveaways, but my methods of doing that are super limited without outside help. I'd thought of doing a Patreon for GP to help with this, but I'm really not sure how much support we'd get at the moment.

If we can't do a straight-up game giveaway of your choice on a monthly or bi-monthly basis, I'm going to try a bit harder to see if I can get some keys for new games to give away. I'll have to check my email and see, but I have a number of miscellaneous keys for certain games that have come out in the last year, so stay tuned on that front.

Can't promise anything right now, but I'd also like to bring back the Prize Vault if possible.

New Features and Such

For articles and such, you'll still likely see me post about various news. Reviews will also continue. I'm hoping to be able to be able to post one a week, and then build to two a week in later months. We'll see.

Oh, and GP's Top 10 Game of 2017 is still coming. It's taking a bit longer to compile that one, but you'll see it soon.

I have a few new ideas for regular features as well. One thing I'd really like to do is more group pieces, so basically gathering thoughts from the different people who write here on different subjects. You might see one pretty soon, in fact.

Other than that, I'm still in the brainstorming stage.

Last But Not Least...

I want to thank everyone who checks in and has been doing so, even though there hasn't been as much new content or forum activity lately. A big thanks to @Royzoga @DarkCobra86, @TKtheknight, @Rex705, @Laddie13, @iwx Leprechaun, @Shin GenX, and @carlituser especially; without you guys, we wouldn't still have a community, so thank you for supporting us.

I'll be spending some time this week coming up with some new topics and commenting when possible, so be sure to check back and see what's new.

Also, if you have anything you'd like to say or add some suggestions for stuff you'd like to see this year, feel free to let me know below!

• Like 1

I think also with holidays and traveling I'm sure a lot of people are more busy this time of the year so that is why the forum isn't as active. Looking forward to another great 2018 with GP.

6 hours ago, DarkCobra86 said:

I think also with holidays and traveling I'm sure a lot of people are more busy this time of the year so that is why the forum isn't as active. Looking forward to another great 2018 with GP.

Yes, good point! I meant to mention that in my post too but forgot (ha). Thanks for your support, DC!

17 hours ago, Jason Clement said:

Yes, good point! I meant to mention that in my post too but forgot (ha). Thanks for your support, DC!

Your welcome. I'm always around to help and try to make the forum active.

Sure thing! Glad to be active again in social media and the like, it's fun to be chatting with everyone again! 

• Like 1

Being an adult really sucks these days lol. Man I remember being active a lot when I first joined and having fun. After getting a job it feels tough to keep up with things lately. Work, sleep, play games, have time to catch up with friends, etc. I come in here and there to check up on things and twitter as well. I may not be active a lot, but the place will always be in my heart. 

On a side note I wish I have time to make a thread or blog to contribute to the GP Top 2017 games of the year. This is the first time I played a lot of released games in a year! My list is definitely mostly PS4 games and 1 XB1 game lol. Anyways glad to see GP still kicking despite not much going on. I can understand that because being an adult sucks the life out of ya. Anyways thanks Jason! Time sure flies by fast since joining GP 6 years ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TKtheknight said:

Being an adult really sucks these days--

Literally this has never been a more true statement. Growing up and making money means I can afford to do things freely, but having the free time and having responsibilities always gets in the way! 

Wow good news!!!  This site is definitely a place that has a special place in my heart ^^  And yes the giveaways were a big part of that.

But it is wonderful to see familiar names over the years and to get updates like this.

We should also do the secret Santa again.  I was thinking about organizing but my Christmas season got crazy busy.

Bring back the prize vaults!!! Greatest prizes ever!!

Looking forward to the new year and I will try to stop by more often too!