HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Jason Clement

What are your 2018 resolutions?

I'm not HUGE into resolutions, but I do find it helps when you try to improve either on yourself or things in your life, especially when it's early in the year.

I have two main resolutions, and they're:

1. To continue improving in areas that I need to work on (i.e. getting better sleep, and on time; eating healthier, improving my writing, reading more).

2. Being a more positive person in general and giving more compliments to people, etc.

Both are pretty self-explanatory, but in the case of #2, I have noticed I sometimes come off too critical of certain things and that's something I'm hoping to change.

What about you? Do you have any resolutions for this year?

I don't. Funny someone asked me if I had any new year resolution on New Year eve and I told them the same. I just feel like at this point in my life there isn't anything particularly that I want to or need to improve on. I guess I always try to do better at work and get that promotion I always wanted or just be healthier and just be a better person in general. But really none of these I think I have to make it a resolution. I always actively try to just do better in life and of course I fall short every day. But I don't think I need a new year resolution to make me focus on such things since I always have been focused on it as much as I could.

• Like 1

I used to make resolutions back in the day but then I just never end up doing it so why bother? :P Like maybe I'll finally write that book or finally learn Japanese that I spent over $600 on or all those Udemy courses I got to learn how to make games or actually play the piles and piles of games I wasted all my money on all my life that are still in the wrapper.

Nah that's never going to happen.

3 hours ago, Rex705 said:

I used to make resolutions back in the day but then I just never end up doing it so why bother? :P Like maybe I'll finally write that book or finally learn Japanese that I spent over $600 on or all those Udemy courses I got to learn how to make games or actually play the piles and piles of games I wasted all my money on all my life that are still in the wrapper.

Nah that's never going to happen.

I feel better knowing I'm not the only person who has a ton of Udemy courses they haven't gone through yet, lol. I guess that's what they get for putting each course on sale for $10 way too often. I even have some of the game development ones like you mentioned.

Speaking of which, I actually started to go through some of them recently (er, ones that aren't related to game development), so at least I'm starting to get some use out of them now. xD

On a side note, I remember when I was intent on learning Flash so I could make animations and such. Bought a bunch of books, but could never get a handle on Actionscript, so I eventually gave up. And now, Flash is pretty much obsolete and being retired; pretty crazy.

My biggest ones are probably to just cut out negativity from my life while being true to myself and to continue growing my stream to the best of my abilities! Boring, but simple ones, haha. 

1 hour ago, Royzoga said:

My biggest ones are probably to just cut out negativity from my life while being true to myself and to continue growing my stream to the best of my abilities! Boring, but simple ones, haha. 

Hey, nothing wrong with that! Sometimes the boring resolutions are the most important ones. xD

The only real resolution I've made for the year is to embrace myself for who I am. I've been too critical of myself with the things that I consider part of my identity. Like I try not to come off as too nerdy/geeky. But I am a dork. I'm not going to care if people think I'm weird or childish for loving things like video games, anime, and all things cute and cuddly. 

• Like 1

I think I'll try buying less games this year.

pff

pffhaha

PFHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Like 2

It's definitely hard to follow your resolutions. The best way to achieve them is not make resolutions and wing it as you go like doing something you never achieved. Few years ago I finally got my driver's license and last year finally getting a job when I made those resolutions long time before. Late resolutions will achieve eventually. More like life goals in general. This year I already failed my resolutions in buying less games due to that darn PSN Holiday digital sales and preordering some games this year. My resolutions were pretty generic like lose weight, but obviously I can't resist pizza. Another resolution I can easily do is just beat more games from the backlog. Mostly gaming goals are easy to do since it's the best hobby out there. Also I want to game with you guys more. Felt we haven't done much of that last year besides Overwatch w/Venni, barrel, Laddie, dyeknom, etc. Anyways my resolutions this year is more of gaming goals. Personally I wish I can be better in communication or speak more. I'm not much of a talker in real life cuz my hearing is terrible lol. I prefer listening and just keeping a simple mind lol. I'm soft spoken and do want to speak up more. Anyways good luck to everyone's goal and lets have a great 2018! Woo!

• Like 1