HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Imst

Cryptocurrency in games

Hello! I was looking around the internet for topics and articles about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoins, Etherium, etc.
I stumbled upon some websites showing off games where you can invest/buy monsters and pet using cryptocurrencies and you can engage in combat, buying, selling, trading, etc. with other players online.
Some examples of these types of games are Bitpet, Cryptopet, World of Ether.
It's like the same concept with mining coins but gives people (mostly gamers who invest, I guess) a certain game factor in mining.
What do you guys think about this overall? May I have your opinions? I personally like the unique concept in it but I have yet to try it out.
Thanks for your inputs.

Hi guys, I just discovered a new game where you use cryptocurrency, such as Bitcoins (BTC) and Etherium (ETH) to purchase these cute animal sprites and use them to buy, sell, trade, play mini-games, put up for auction, etc.
Is it worth it, though? Is it good/bad? Really curious and I find the whole concept unique.

Oh, and the game is Bitpet for those wondering. Here is the link if it's okay to post. https://bitpet.co/

I hate all of this crypto nonsense and wish it would go away. I don't know anything about it or how it works but because of it, graphics card prices are insane.

Sorry to hear about that. It hasn't been a year since I started mining but, in my opinion and experience, it does seem worth it. Either you get lucky or not in terms of the cryptomarket. Your currencies can double or triple in a short amount of time or blunder.

Hey there,

Just wanted to point out it's fine if you want to talk about games using cryptocurrency, but the fact that @Imst and @sixnahalf both posted about the same thing within minutes of each other (I've merged your posts into this one), as well as the fact that both accounts posted from the same IP address lead me to believe that this thread might just be self-promotion for something you're involved in.

Self-promotion is fine as long as you're active in this community, but please don't make it all you post about (at that point it's considered spam), and in the future, please don't use multiple accounts to do this either otherwise this will lead to the posts being removed and those accounts possibly being banned.

I thought these were spam bots

6 hours ago, DarkCobra86 said:

I thought these were spam bots

There have been a lot lately, but if you look at the two in this thread, they actually did make some real posts back in 2013 here. Plus, Imst responded to Rex's comment above.

Just now, Jason Clement said:

There have been a lot lately, but if you look at the two in this thread, they actually did make some real posts back in 2013 here. Plus, Imst responded to Rex's comment above.

Yea, I realized it wasn't spam after he/she replied to Rex's comment haha.

Sorry if it appears as spam. I was just really curious about getting into the game and wanted to know if anyone else have any experiences with it or cryptocurrencies, in general. Rest assured, I'm not an ad bot. :unsure: