HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
Jason Clement

New Features on GP (6/18/12)

Heyo Podunkers,

Just wanted to make you all aware of a few things I've adjusted/added on the site.

Facebook Block

First of all, you may have seen the Facebook "like" block in the sidebar (in the forums) by now. Are you guys fine with it being at the top of the sidebar? For obvious reasons, I'd like to keep it at the top, but if it's too cumbersome not to have the Recent Topics list at the top, I can change them around.

Also, if you've liked the Facebook page, are you okay with faces being shown in the block, or would you rather have them removed? Let me know!

Animated Gifs for Avatars

I know this is one that Darklurkr especially wanted. Animated Gifs for avatars have now been activated should you wish to choose one for your avatar. If you're wondering what took so long, it's simply that I'm not as familar with the backend as our previous admin, NashKirb, was; as such, I just discovered how to turn that functionality on today (gimme a break, I'm still getting used to this! :P)

And last but not least...

Customizable Member Titles

Don't say I never listen to you guys! :P

I did some digging around and asking IP Support after several suggestions were made about this, and now I'm pleased to announce that anyone who has made over 100 posts (comments/threads) on the site will have the option to change their member title to anything they want!

Please keep your title safe for work however, and no bad language (though the filter might pick up on that anyhow) or otherwise inappropriate names either.

If you're over 100 posts, you can change your title by going to My Settings (when you click on your profile name at the top of the page). :)

Anyhoo, that's it for now. Stay tuned for more updates later on, hopefully.

P.S. - The suggestions that have been fulfilled in this post will be deleted in the suggestion thread.

• Like 2

Thanks Jason! I'm glad you accepted my request for the titles. Also thanks to Jared and the others for giving me "Loose Cannon". Also really like the idea of having an animated avatar gif. Everyone is going to have fun with that feature too. I'm looking forward to upgrading Game Podunk and making it better and better in many ways. No rush, but take time to be the best site out there. Woo!

Ooooh, I like this shiny new title system. Booyah!

Animated avatars and custome titles? Awesome. Cool stuff, keep the good work coming! :D

I'd rather just leave the Facebook block out. I know everyones for integration with Facebook these days but I don't think it really serves a purpose. Other than that, cool additions, I'll definitely be making use of the last two :D

I'd rather just leave the Facebook block out. I know everyones for integration with Facebook these days but I don't think it really serves a purpose. Other than that, cool additions, I'll definitely be making use of the last two :D

Oh my goodness ludono your avatar is too funny...and weird! I like the new changes. I think it's always good to allow more customization.