HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Sign in to follow this  
bink

Quakecon in Dallas, TX this Saturday

So don't know if you guys are familiar with this convention, but Quakecon will be in Dallas, Texas this weekend (August 2nd - 5th). Haven't been involved in the BYOC (computer/LAN) area in a couple of years but plan to hit it hard next year probably. I'll be there though this weekend (at least tentative plans are for that to happen).

Just wondering if anyone else was planning on attending, and if you've never heard of it before, maybe you should consider going next year! It's a good time, with some good discussions/talks of upcoming releases and some good vendor areas as well. And then the BYOC is always rocking.

Ever since I first heard of Quakecon it has sounded like a great thing to me. Unfortunately, it's no small trip to get myself to Texas so I have yet to visit... However, if it were near then there would be no question about whether or not to go!

If you go this weekend maybe you should take some pictures! Or even blog about it here on GP once the event is done. I'm certainly curious about it and bet other folks on here are too :).