HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kezins

God of War Saga

Anyone else getting God of War Saga? I picked it up last night. The one thing that surprised me was that the PSN code for the two PSP HD Games is only good through March. I'm surprised they would do that because buying the collection will lose a ton of value after only 7 months. I also feel like the two games should have been on disc instead of being on a PSN voucher. In the end, I really can't complain about 5 full games for $40 though.

I already own all five games so I probably won't be picking it up. Does the set come with any bonus content that might possibly change my mind? I wish they would have also released a super deluxe version complete with swag for the ones who already own all of the God Of War games.

I already own all five games so I probably won't be picking it up. Does the set come with any bonus content that might possibly change my mind? I wish they would have also released a super deluxe version complete with swag for the ones who already own all of the God Of War games.

The only bonus you get is 2 videos about God of War but I haven't downloaded them yet. It's pretty bare bones...just 3 games on two discs, a voucher to download 2 games and videos, and 1 month free of PS+. What shocked me is how big Ghosts of Sparta is...9.3 GB. I'll have to delete it once I beat it.

Thanks for the info. Nothing much there for me to buy this collection but for anyone who hasn't played the God Of War games this is a great deal. It's difficult for me to pick one game franchise as my all time favorite but God Of War is definitely a forerunner for the title. Wow, 9.3 GB's on Ghost Of Sparta is crazy but they did a really great job on updating the graphics and controls from a PSP game.

Wonder why the PSP game vouchers were issued with an expiration date? I would think the collection would get a lot of sales around the time the codes expire as March sees the release of God Of War: Ascension.

I'm thinking one of two things will happen regarding the expiration of the codes: either more copies of the game will be printed after the beginning of 2013 and they'll have updated expiration dates (end of 2013 maybe) OR Sony only intended it for the two PSP games to be a limited time promotion with the game and that it was always intended just to be a collection of the 3 main games.

I'm thinking one of two things will happen regarding the expiration of the codes: either more copies of the game will be printed after the beginning of 2013 and they'll have updated expiration dates (end of 2013 maybe) OR Sony only intended it for the two PSP games to be a limited time promotion with the game and that it was always intended just to be a collection of the 3 main games.

I didn't think of that. My second PS3 was the Uncharted bundle that came with a voucher for the downloadable game Pain which upon my purchase was expired. An email to Sony on the issue was promptly responded with a new code that did work. I also believe shortly after they issued an extension on all Pain vouchers in the bundle.

I kinda want to pick this up, but at the same time I don't know how much I'll actually enjoy the games. I've never played a GoW game before, but my experiences with actions games in the past and present tell me I might not like the genre too much (I never rally got into Devil May Cry 1 or 3, and playing through Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is really hit and miss)... can you guys tell me how much better/worse than those two I mentioned, if you played them?

I kinda want to pick this up, but at the same time I don't know how much I'll actually enjoy the games. I've never played a GoW game before, but my experiences with actions games in the past and present tell me I might not like the genre too much (I never rally got into Devil May Cry 1 or 3, and playing through Castlevania: Lords of Shadow is really hit and miss)... can you guys tell me how much better/worse than those two I mentioned, if you played them?

I've only played God of War and God of War 2. The one thing I can say is they are easier than Devil May Cry games. I'm pretty bad at action games, but I still find myself drawn to them. Devil May Cry is cooler in ways, but I always found them to be too hard at points in the game. The camera angles have also been a little funky in DMC in my opinion. You should definitely play one of the original GoW games at least once though. The story is interesting and the enemies are cool.

I'm saddened by the fact that not only are the PSP games on a downloadable voucher ticket, but also that they expire! When I got the Resistance Dual Pack, my code for the "Super DLC Voucher" or whatever that it came with expired the day that I bought it (so lucky!), and that angered me somewhat, but this is just a little bit silly.

I really do hope they produce a new line with vouchers that either never expire or expire next year once the current ones expire as Jason said.

Action/ adventure is my absolute favorite genre of games so my opinion will be biased. I've played all of the games you mentioned, I have yet to finish Castelvania LOS but I've enjoyed what I've played. I think God Of War is the best of the genre and of what you mentioned but that is just my preference. Despite your past experience with action games I still think you might like GOW. I've played them all some more than once. My favorite is probably GOW2 but I suggest starting with the first as you will get a proper introduction to Kratos and the God Of War universe. Of course I'm such a fan of the series my opinion might not be the best to take on the subject but I will say some of my happiest moments in gaming have occurred in GOW games.

I loved both DMC and GOW series. I think though, if you aren't into that type of action games then you might not enough GOW. You go through and you kill people and you can upgrade your weapons. I think the story is really good though. I'm actually not sure if I like GOW or DMC better as a series.

Hmmm... thanks for your opinions, guys. I guess I'll think more about it, and mainly think about why I dislike said games and see if GoW has the same things or not. :3

This is definitely the way to go if you really want GOW. Nice report there Kezins very informative I didn't realize that some of the downloads were that large. Oh well time to upgrade the old Hard Drive.

DMC is an action game, GoW is an action/adventure game. They aren't really comparable. DMC is just fighting whereas GoW is fighting, puzzle solving and puzzle based bosses. If you like that, you'll like GoW 1 and 2. Skip 3, that is when the game toned the puzzles and turned into an action game.

One thing you can do though is try out the new DMC demo. See if you like that. This is a reboot of the series so it won't be the same as the first three DMC but it is at least something for you to base DMC on. I heard it is really good so far by Ninja Theory but people have found some glitches. At least with the demo you can try it out and not worry about buying it and end up not liking it.

One thing you can do though is try out the new DMC demo. See if you like that. This is a reboot of the series so it won't be the same as the first three DMC but it is at least something for you to base DMC on. I heard it is really good so far by Ninja Theory but people have found some glitches. At least with the demo you can try it out and not worry about buying it and end up not liking it.

I played the DMC demo and thought it was pretty good...not good enough for me to try out at $60 but I definitely want to play the game in the future.

I played the DMC demo and thought it was pretty good...not good enough for me to try out at $60 but I definitely want to play the game in the future.

I have it pre-ordered for $48 through Newegg, and the demo only helped cement my purchase. I thought they did a great job with it.

I have it pre-ordered for $48 through Newegg, and the demo only helped cement my purchase. I thought they did a great job with it.

I'm glad though that so many people are liking the new DMC just from the demo. I had my doubts at first with this new look Dante (even after they remade him). But now I'm excited to try it out.

Anyone else getting God of War Saga? I picked it up last night. The one thing that surprised me was that the PSN code for the two PSP HD Games is only good through March. I'm surprised they would do that because buying the collection will lose a ton of value after only 7 months. I also feel like the two games should have been on disc instead of being on a PSN voucher. In the end, I really can't complain about 5 full games for $40 though.

If I download the two games under origin collection before March will I be able to play them after March? And if I backup those two games, will I be able to play them later?

Ughh that sucks. If they don't extend the expiration date then I probably won't even get the saga collection.

Sony probably put the expiration date on there to save money. There is no other excuse and that's probably the reason the put it on a voucher instead of a disc in the first place. No one buys a game to get a voucher, next they'll probably try selling game cases with nothing but a voucher that expires inside. Imagine how upset anyone will be that doesn't realize they expire and they just stick the game in their backlog.

Sony probably put the expiration date on there to save money. There is no other excuse and that's probably the reason the put it on a voucher instead of a disc in the first place. No one buys a game to get a voucher, next they'll probably try selling game cases with nothing but a voucher that expires inside. Imagine how upset anyone will be that doesn't realize they expire and they just stick the game in their backlog.

Well the bad part about this is that person would be me. I would buy the saga and leave it there. I won't open it until I decide to play GOW3. So I would be royally screwed.

If I download the two games under origin collection before March will I be able to play them after March? And if I backup those two games, will I be able to play them later?

Yes, you should be able to play and save your games just fine after March as long as you redeem the code before the end date. The March date is just there to make the codes expire for people who have not yet used their codes.

Guest ...

You can't complain?

I got the game on thursday from Walmart for 15 dollars lol. Yeah it would have been nice if the two DLCs came on disc but thats okay. It took around 12 hours for the full DLC. Also came with a making of video.