HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sailor Liztress

Favorite Things to Snack On While Gaming

If you do a lot of gaming (and who of us doesn't, right?) then it's a safe bet that at some point of your gaming session, you will get hungry. Now, eating a five course meal is a tough thing to do while playing just about any game. That's what snack food is for. Personally, I'll grab some chips if I'm playing something where I can't put the controller down for more than a minute at a time. But most times, I'll cook one of those small pizzas or some ramen noodles if I'm playing a game that is turn-based.

How about everyone else? What do you snack on? Or do you turn off/pause your game long enough to sit down and eat a full meal?

barrel    380

I treat snacking and gaming separate, if I'm hungry I'll view it as a time to take a break and go into the kitchen and stretch my legs (granted, I may be playing a PSP or DS game while waiting for something to microwave or cook something on the stove).....so long as the game has a pause button or leaving the game idle will not punish you (not Dark Souls), if not I'll choose my breaks more carefully (resting at bonfires in Dark Souls).

If I have a feeling a set of cutscenes are coming up I might get something to snack on. Like goldfish, peanut butter pretzels, anything that hopefully doesn't make my controller too gross when alternating between eating and playing. Usually I just sip water though, but that's not a snack.

I usually like eating your usual finger foods-- pretzels and stuff like that.

I have ever used my controller while eating greasy funyuns tho. ;(

Jordan Haygood    350

I can hardly afford snacks at all, but when chips or candy are available, I often go for those.

Kiwi    50

Kiwi loves popping corn. Chips are ok too, but a 5 dollar box of popping corn typically lasts longer then a 5 dollar bag of chips. Peanuts are also good too. Kiwi doesn't like sweet things as much.

bink    33

I usually get myself a big bowl of baby carrots or blackberries/strawberries/canteloupe or something and munch on those. Also easy to eat while playing are sandwiches and salads. If I want to eat chips then I usually pour them out of the bag onto a plate so I don't eat the whole bag. Gosh pringles are the worst because they're so delicious and then all of a sudden the cylinder is only 1/3 full! Carrots though have become my new gaming fav since it's healthy and they're wonderful to crunch on. Much better for my teeth than eating ice.

Ciel    680

Gum. If I am eating anything while playing, the controller becomes a terrible mess.

TKtheknight    962

Whenever I eat snack, I use one hand to eat and my other to use the controller. It's kind of hard though. I would be looking at my greasy fingers from chips or pizza and realize I can't play with this hand with the clean hand. I do use napkins to clean off, but it gets annoying sometimes because I would move my character around and kill a couple enemies then eat and then back to character and back to eat and so on. I try eating and gaming at separate times.

Veridis_Quo    3

When I game I rarely snack on anything. However I'm a big drinker - I would drink a lot of soda or juice. I don't know if those counts as snacks though :ph34r:

Kezins    335

I tend to snack on popcorn while gaming. Since I'm diabetic, I try to avoid things like chips.

Marcus Estrada    382

Lately I've gotten into eating bananas. But it's like one banana, not a whole bunch while gaming. I don't need that much potassium :P. Otherwise I don't really like snacking because then I get crumbs on me and worry the salt/sugar/whatever will then get on the controller.

I don't snack too much but occassionally I'll have some chips and salsa, a granola bar or something along those lines. I tend to play for a while and then I'll take time to make a meal and eat it while reading something or watching a show/movie.

Shin GenX    100

Haha I only game later at night so when I get hungry I just get some milk and oreos ^^ Not really fit for gaming but tasty none the less ^^

Darklurkr23    26

I try not to Eat when Im gaming... but I love drinking my Apple Juice at nightime :P

DarkCobra86    571

I actually don't snack at all. I prefer not to get my hands dirty and then my controllers dirty. I am pretty OCD about keeping things clean.

Oh man, As usual I'm the most unhealthy person. This isn't a matter of what I usually eat, I always have a can of sour cream and onion Pringles next to me and a Pepsi/Coke/Mountain Dew. Most of the time that's when I'm PC gaming though. Otherwise I'll usually just have a soda and a gigantic bowl of those cheese cracker whales (also unhealthy).