HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Bitto

The Dead or Alive 5 September Prize Vault Giveaway

Fighter fans rejoice!

Welcome to the September Prize Vault giveaway. This month one active forum contributor as voted on by the Game Podunk Moderators will win Dead or Alive 5 on the console of their choice along with a number of other random prizes!

511-O9EtErL._AA300_.jpg514clwR1MyL._AA300_.jpg

Please note that the Game Podunk Moderators will be choosing a winner based on the quality of threads and comments they have posted over the past month. As usual, winners are contacted through PM and will have 2 business days to respond or another winner will be selected. The featured game(s) of the month cannot be changed. The winner must select from the list presented by Game Podunk.

Remember that the idea behind the Prize Vault is to offer our members an incentive for contributing great forum posts and to improve the overall quality of our discussions. Hence, spamming is strictly forbidden and won't be tolerated. Members who are suspected of or seen leaving massive low quality posts will be warned and possibly banned.

gallery_10_85_3473.jpg

Please leave thoughtful and respectable comments to help GP maintain our high standards for quality content. And thanks to our dedicated Editors, we now have plenty of stories to post your say! Check out the GP Press Forum and start increasing your post count while supporting GP to carry on great discussions. Best of luck and as always, good luck everyone!

med_gallery_10_85_332171.jpg

Disclaimer: Game Podunk does not guarantee the working condition of the used games and will not offer a replacement or an exchange for defective/incompatible products. Most of the used games we ship have been donated to us and may not have been tested.

Contest is open to all (even International members) but please be aware that all the games are NTSC Region 1 (NOT PAL); Game Podunk is not responsible for prizes being incompatible. Other restrictions may apply.

Nice prize as usual. Good luck to everyone!

If the winner of this prize vault gets it for the PS3 then feel free to send me a friend request so I can spam low kicks until I win a round.

Pretty nice prize choice, but uh, this is a fighting game? I wasn't even aware because of all the BABEZ fantastic characters.

I'll join in on this one. Good luck everyone. If I win I'll spam jump kicks to counter Doc's low kicks.

Thanks for another prize vault and good luck to everyone again. Didn't know DOA will be on playstation now.

String Suits for the girls And Speedos for the fellas

Good ol' DOA.... I remember back in the day on Xbox playing this and like BEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWBBBS xD

I played a little of DOA4 again with my friend last week. Boy I suck at that game with all the countering. Game isn't easy if you want to get good at it as you have to learn everyone moves and timing to learn how to counter them all.

I played a little of DOA4 again with my friend last week. Boy I suck at that game with all the countering. Game isn't easy if you want to get good at it as you have to learn everyone moves and timing to learn how to counter them all.

It's definitely a difficult franchise to play. I'm pretty average with fighting games, so DOA has always been tough for me.

It's definitely a difficult franchise to play. I'm pretty average with fighting games, so DOA has always been tough for me.

Yea I'm pretty good at button smashing. So having to learn the timing and counter aren't easy for me. Of course with certain players I will tend to do one thing more than another. Like Byan (spelling?) I just go in and press "A" to throw haha.

Yea I'm pretty good at button smashing. So having to learn the timing and counter aren't easy for me. Of course with certain players I will tend to do one thing more than another. Like Byan (spelling?) I just go in and press "A" to throw haha.

You know Cobra I play fighters the same way or hack and slash games just pressing the hell out of buttons it's loads of fun.

You know Cobra I play fighters the same way or hack and slash games just pressing the hell out of buttons it's loads of fun.

Lol I know. My friend hates that telling me I always use kicks and I'm not trying to counter in DOA. He say I'm so predictable and I have to learn to counter him otherwise he'll keep on using the same move with Ryu to own me. I hate it. I think button smashing is fun too though. If you jump in a game you don't know, it is best to start button smashing lol.

Yes! DOA is finally back on PS after leaving to the other side for so long. Hate having to miss out on the previous DOA games because of it.

You gotta use counters if you can predict what type of move is coming. FYI the counters used to be more complicated but it was simplified so anyone can use it. DOA is one of the few games with character universal counters so might as well use them. Sure, it sounds easy but it will take a lot of memorization for the moves and their properties to improve yourself at the game. It's nice to train and learn the game with friends. Sigh....I'm so missing the good old DOA2 days.

Yes! DOA is finally back on PS after leaving to the other side for so long. Hate having to miss out on the previous DOA games because of it.

You gotta use counters if you can predict what type of move is coming. FYI the counters used to be more complicated but it was simplified so anyone can use it. DOA is one of the few games with character universal counters so might as well use them. Sure, it sounds easy but it will take a lot of memorization for the moves and their properties to improve yourself at the game. It's nice to train and learn the game with friends. Sigh....I'm so missing the good old DOA2 days.

Those counters are still really hard to pull off for me. Just when you are playing the fight happens so fast and the combo going so fast. I can't always tell when it is a high punch or a mid punch or a high kick or a mid kick sometimes. Things get going so fast it is hard to process everything. Especially if you are still learning the moves, button, and timing of the characters. But yea I have heard they made the counters easier. I wonder how much harder it used to be.

Currently the counters are just one direction and hold. Back then in DOA2, it used to be 2 motions with press forward and then the back directions. There was even back forward for middle level kicks. There was less room for error back and one took more damage if the guess was incorrect. Some of the moves can be deceptive in what level they are. That part takes a lot of memorizing your character and other character's movelists. The second part is training your eyes to know when to counter. DOA actually takes a lot of dedication to learn even though it looks like an eye candy game.

Currently the counters are just one direction and hold. Back then in DOA2, it used to be 2 motions with press forward and then the back directions. There was even back forward for middle level kicks. There was less room for error back and one took more damage if the guess was incorrect. Some of the moves can be deceptive in what level they are. That part takes a lot of memorizing your character and other character's movelists. The second part is training your eyes to know when to counter. DOA actually takes a lot of dedication to learn even though it looks like an eye candy game.

Yea, the eye candy game part doesn't help me focus on where I am getting hit thus making trying to counter even harder. But yea, my friend taught me how to counter and it is simple enough. But just the timing and having to know everyone moves is a pain. I don't play it enough. We play a few good minutes before everyone get their for our weekly AGOT night. So it isn't like I can practice much of the game.

Yea if I played an older DOA game (before DOA 4 or before they changed the counter) I probably wouldn't pull it off ever. I won't know what to do haha.

All fighting games require practice and dedication. That is a factor that discourages a lot of new players but veterans like playing fighting games at high levels. DOA2 and think there was DOA2 remix were the only ones that had the hard counter. The easiest counter was DOA1 just press the Hold button!

All fighting games require practice and dedication. That is a factor that discourages a lot of new players but veterans like playing fighting games at high levels. DOA2 and think there was DOA2 remix were the only ones that had the hard counter. The easiest counter was DOA1 just press the Hold button!

Hahaha, I'm definitely down for some DOA 1 then. I wonder how the counter system will work in DOA 5.

My take on any fighting game was always to push as many buttons as possible and see which combos gave me the best results. Hey crude but it's always worked for me.

My take on any fighting game was always to push as many buttons as possible and see which combos gave me the best results. Hey crude but it's always worked for me.

Lol, a true button smasher. It is funny when you can beat someone who knows moves by just button smashes. It makes them so mad because they always feel they are better since they know the move and shouldn't be beaten by the likes of a button smasher lol.