HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Jason Clement

Game Podunk Suggestion Thread

Question

Not a suggestion but I can't figure out how to change my avatar. When I link to a photo, it shows it in the avatar spot, and then I click "Done" and it just reverts it then back to the default. :( How to fix?

Not a suggestion but I can't figure out how to change my avatar. When I link to a photo, it shows it in the avatar spot, and then I click "Done" and it just reverts it then back to the default. :( How to fix?

This actually seems like a legitimate issue. I tried to link my photobucket image not too long ago (my original 100 x 100 avatar from the previous GP, just to see) and it keeps reverting back to my previous image despite how it seemed to pretend it changed with no error issues.

Anyway, despite that, as an alternative you can try to sign up at Gravatar and put your image up there or upload a image from your computer if it is 125 x 125 or lower (it doesn't automatically resize here like other sites, so you get a error if it is too big).

EDIT: I lied, like 10 minutes later it appeared. So it may be a size or linking issues.

I believe the maximum avatar size is 100 x 100, so make sure it's at least that size if not smaller. Anything bigger than that won't stay.

Thanks, got it to work. Had to resize it to less than 100px.

No wonder mine didn't worked. I ended up registering for Gravatar.

Maybe you should modify the instruction and say only pics less then 100px is accepted.

I almost gave up when it didn't worked.

• Like 1

I think the recent topics section on the right should include a few more posts.

I think the recent topics section on the right should include a few more posts.

You mean you'd like to see more than 5 at a time then (like 10)? I think I can do that, but the main reason I haven't before is because it pushes the "Recent Status Updates" down in that case and people would be less likely to see them. Anyhow, I'll look into it if people think it's a good idea.

You mean you'd like to see more than 5 at a time then (like 10)? I think I can do that, but the main reason I haven't before is because it pushes the "Recent Status Updates" down in that case and people would be less likely to see them. Anyhow, I'll look into it if people think it's a good idea.

I think that's a good idea. I think more people would rather just see more new / hot threads rather than status updates. Not to say there isn't room for both, but I'd like the active threads to have more visibility.

Agreed, active threads are more desirable for me. I'll scroll down if needed to read status updates, no biggie.

Well I suggest a Gears 3 Horde NIght :D

Well I suggest a Gears 3 Horde NIght :D

That's actually something that could happen, though we might not manage a whole group. Why don't you make a post in the Xbox section asking for people interested? I know I'd be down.

Sweet! I could use some help to get those horde achievements. I can't find anyone who's willing to help me or know much people who have Gears 3. I could do it this weekend. I'll be coming down home Thursday night for the weekend from college. Add me! Let's get a game going!

I don't play gears 3 much but I'd be willing to help out! Have some friends that love gears too and I'm sure they'd help if need be.

I don't have Gears 3 but I'm down for a gamenight if I own the game! Maybe a calender on the sidebar with gamenight dates?

• Like 1

Game nights wouldn't be a bad idea. I just got rid of my 360 though. The only multiplayer I plan on doing this year is with Borderlands 2 on PS3.

Saw this suggestion and saw the thread in the Microsoft games forum and thought it was an awesome idea. Sadly, I do not own gears 3, or I'd enjoy playing with some fellow Game Podunkers.

Well, if you're interested in another game, start a thread and see if anyone's interested. I know I'm usually down for playing so long as I own the game.

Well, if you're interested in another game, start a thread and see if anyone's interested. I know I'm usually down for playing so long as I own the game.

I think the best thing we should do now is for someone to make a thread in the forums maybe in the video game discussions and eveyone posts a list of online games they have and from all of the games that people have we choose the most common game in their possesion and we make a gamenight based on that game.

Well this is for suggestions so here is mine. I see a bunch of GP members are also anime fans so why not add some anime contests like an anime prize vault. I don't know just my suggestion.

• Like 2

Not a suggestion but maybe a question that turns into a suggestion...

On the mobile site, is there an easy way to see just one big list of recent posts and/or topics?

It gets really tedious trying to click through all the forum sections just to see which topics have been replied to or are new on my tiny little phone screen. So, it ends up sometimes that it's so tedious I try for like 5 mins and then just give up. I would probably participate more on-the-go if I could just see all the recent posts at once --- is there a way to?

Thanks. :)

EDIT: Unnnnngggghhhh (massive groan to myself and facepalm) I think i figured it out and it was here all along... Carry on folks!!!

I love GP but some days it's hard to get into conversations with low comments. I was wondering if it would be better to change the contest format back to random comments. I'd suggest winner is from random comment from random post, but spammy or super short comments don't count. I'm really not sure, but I'd like to see more comments on the site for sure.

• Like 1

I love GP but some days it's hard to get into conversations with low comments. I was wondering if it would be better to change the contest format back to random comments. I'd suggest winner is from random comment from random post, but spammy or super short comments don't count. I'm really not sure, but I'd like to see more comments on the site for sure.

I feel as if the majority of the mainstays on this site keep to the chatroom, or the occasional news post. I know I post a lot less than I used to.

Have you guys thought about a GP store? I know I'd buy a t-shirt or two.

Have you guys thought about a GP store? I know I'd buy a t-shirt or two.

We're definitely considering that in the long run. I don't know if it'll happen before the year ends, but it's definitely on the agenda for maybe next year. :)