HEY, LISTEN! PLEASE READ THIS

HEY, welcome back to GP! You should probably check this thread out here if this is your first time back on the forum since our upgrade. Suffice it to say, some things have changed! CLICK HERE to read more about it, including some new functionality.

Shin GenX

Obligatory - What are you playing right now!

M-Marcus how are you doing that?! I'm nothing short of a JRPG fan....but I'm finding it hard to keep playing and I'm only a couple hours in...

I think it's due to me not being a massive JRPG fan. I also completely adored FFXIII which was supposed to be blasphemous or whatever. ;)

I think it's due to me not being a massive JRPG fan. I also completely adored FFXIII which was supposed to be blasphemous or whatever. ;)

I liked XIII, I even like XIII-2 (I may have been on the defense team for it on the review thread here) But that has nothing to do with my opinion with the game so far. Maybe I'm harsher towards it because I've played stuff like Devil Survivor 2, Magna Carta 2, and even Final Fantasy XIII-2 recently (all sequels, hmm...) and then went to play this game. Anyway, the game is supposed to be pretty short so I'm hoping there is light at the end of the tunnel for me (before I give it back to Gamefly), but I'm glad you are enjoying it at least.

I liked XIII, I even like XIII-2 (I may have been on the defense team for it on the review thread here) But that has nothing to do with my opinion with the game so far. Maybe I'm harsher towards it because I've played stuff like Devil Survivor 2, Magna Carta 2, and even Final Fantasy XIII-2 recently (all sequels, hmm...) and then went to play this game. Anyway, the game is supposed to be pretty short so I'm hoping there is light at the end of the tunnel for me (before I give it back to Gamefly), but I'm glad you are enjoying it at least.

With such great games on your plate lately I can see how this one would be lacking. It seems to be mostly boilerplate cute anime girls saving the world from nothing all that threatening. To me though I enjoy the cutesy fluff story and the battles are fun :D. At least you only rented it and didn't drop $50 for the title!

I still have a massive backlog to go through. I'm currently playing Skyrim, Battlefield 3 and L. A. Noire but I still have Xenoblade, Dark Souls, Skyward Sword and Assasins Creed Revelations to play from last year alone

Alittle of this and alittle of that. Mostly some BF3 at the moment, but I have a lot of stuff I need to finish.

I'm going through the Gangstas in Space DLC for Saints Row: The Third at the moment. I don't think it's going to last very long...

Trying to finish up Rayman Origins at the moment. I'm really surprised at how many levels they managed to put in that game.

I'm going through the Gangstas in Space DLC for Saints Row: The Third at the moment. I don't think it's going to last very long...

How is it? Is it actually worth purchasing? I liked SR3 pretty well, but that DLC seems more of the soulless over-the-topnitude of the rest of the game.

As for me... ME3 is right around the corner, so I'm muddling 'round with a few things before that release. Today saw Tales of the Abyss get completed, so I'm thinking of doing LA Noire for a bit until Tuesday morning's Mass Effect 3 extravaganza.

I'm playing lots of Skyrim, which seems to have interrupted my playthrough of Final Fantasy XIII-2, which interrupted my playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. So technically I'm in the midst of all three of these, but I'm primarily playing Skyrim.

How is it? Is it actually worth purchasing? I liked SR3 pretty well, but that DLC seems more of the soulless over-the-topnitude of the rest of the game.

Dammit Jim, I'm a moderator, not a reviewer.

But, yeah, no. Don't buy it. At all. It's an hour long and not very fun or well put together, despite your suspicions, doesn't have an over-the-topnitude to redeem it. Genkibowl was at least moderately amusing with the zanyness, Gangstas is just fan exploitation.

Dammit Jim, I'm a moderator, not a reviewer.

But, yeah, no. Don't buy it. At all. It's an hour long and not very fun or well put together, despite your suspicions, doesn't have an over-the-topnitude to redeem it. Genkibowl was at least moderately amusing with the zanyness, Gangstas is just fan exploitation.

Sad to hear that, glad I passed on the Season Pass then.

Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition. Finally got to play as my fave Kenshi, the rest of the DLC characters are lame though (imo)

I started up Spyro the Dragon! Unfortunately, in the 3rd world my disc started not letting me load up levels. :( I've got a workaround solution, sure, but was hoping the scratches on it weren't that bad.

Been playing a bit of Hot Shots Golf on the Vita, some Skyrim (when the boyfriend is at work, otherwise he plays it), and a nifty iOS title.

I got around to playing a little bit more PES 2012 this spring break. Big barcelona fan, so of course I owned it up as messi. Hopefully once this summer start I can play something more serious.

Wow I guess it wasn't just me catching up on old games ^^ Cool.

Hmm Mirror's Edge... that game has always been on the back of my mind. Maybe time to check it out.

Mirror's Edge looked really cool but I just couldn't get into it. I think it was really close to being a great game though.

I just finished Journey and it was excellent. Mass Effect 3 is up next!

Basically Skyrim and Hot Shots Golf for me. I had my mind set on finishing the main quests for Skyrim but I've veered off-track with trying to become Thane in each of the holds. Managed to purchase my second home on there in Riften. Was tired of my character's husband seemingly spending way too much time with the housecarl in Whiterun. Go figure, he's hitting it off really well with the one in Riften too. -.-

I've been playing Mass Effect 3 since it was released last week. I'm on my second playthrough to complete the platinum. Overall it's a great game though not as good as 2. I just felt it was 'watered' down - from my guess to maybe appeal to a broader audience, but who knows. I was really disappointed with how they handled the side missions and the ending leaves a lot to be desired xD

Finished Mass Effect 3 and hopped back over to Mass Effect 2.

Also, poor Liz. lol

Silent Hill: Downpour is on my menu right now!

How do you like it so far?